You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Realistic Squawk Allocations

• squawk
  • feture request

Marko Tomicic - 1359931

Marko Tomicic - 1359931
Posted
Posted

Hello to all VATSIM services team, 

I have a question regarding Squawk Allocations (maybe this was asked before but I couldn't find topic anywhere so I will ask again). Since in RL there is different allocations (ranges) for IFR Domestic and IFR International, VFR Domestic and VFR International on VATSIM we are "stuck" with predefined range for FIR's and no matter what destination is we assign from that range. Ok thanks to Jonas we have CCAMS which helps a bit with squawk allocations to make sure no DUPE is present but I would like to see an option for us to have separated ranges for categories listed above. 

Example range (from RL Ljubljana FIR for all airports and overflights)
IFR Domestic: 6501-6516
IFR International: 4161-4167
VFR domestic: 3320-3367
VFR International: 7001-7017

Now my question is is this something that is planned to be implemented or there was no talks about this topic? 

Looking forwards to see some comments, ideas, issues to overcome and so on and hopping we could somehow implement this to make controlling a bit more fun for all ATCos.

Chriss Klosowski
Posted
Posted

This is possible and we currently simulate this through the TopSky plugin with allows us to set a diverse range of "requirements" for a squawk range to be assigned to a certain aircraft depending on flightplan, ADES, ADEP, etc... Now for this to be implemented through Euroscope originally? No idea. 

CHRISS KLOSOWSKI
Division Director, VATSIM Middle East & North Africa  
VATSIM Network Senior Supervisor, Team 5
##  [email protected] 
##
 http://vatsim.me/    

1185353147_Signature(1).png.e6818c4256541cb309a1888bad7c9d33.png

Marko Tomicic - 1359931
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Chriss Klosowski said:

This is possible and we currently simulate this through the TopSky plugin with allows us to set a diverse range of "requirements" for a squawk range to be assigned to a certain aircraft depending on flightplan, ADES, ADEP, etc... Now for this to be implemented through Euroscope originally? No idea. 

My question was VATSIM wise, but now with your answer you got me interested in exploring a bit more on this topic. Now I guess we are required to use assigned ranges but we can divide them into different categories to match what I listed in my post above. 

• 3 weeks later...
Mathias Jacobs-Anseeuw
Posted
Posted

Setting up the data and rules is relatively simple, I think. The hard part is probably that this needs to be a region-wide change, and needs to change for everyone at the exact same moment, which takes a lot of coordination and agreement between all involved vACCs. Otherwise, if one vACC were to change tomorrow at 0000Z, and one of their RW code ranges overlaps with the neighbouring vACC's assigned range, it'll put DUPEs all over the place.