You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

xPilot and X-Plane 12

John Pool

John Pool
Posted
Posted

Just curious if anyone is testing xPilot with X-Plane 12 since the public beta should be coming out.... soon-ish? Or later-ish? Anyway, just curious if any reports of xPilot working with the new version or not. Or if there are plans for a release of an X-Plane 12 compatible version soon after public beta drops. Or maybe folks can't talk about it 😄   

Please delete this if it's not appropriate or helpful. 

Cheers!

• 1 month later...
Aryan Patel
Posted
Posted

yea id love to help

Loren Fletcher
Posted
Posted

Just bought xplane 12 it looks great and flies great now for the bad news some xplane 11 aircraft will work and some wont.  Xpilot will not work at all

so I will have to use xplane 11 to fly online.   I am sure they have alot of bugs to work out still,  until the public release and then I think everything will be fine.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

In the meantime give swift pilot client a shot, the latest Alpha and Beta do work with VATSIM and XP12. I am sure that Justin will modify xpilot to make it work as well in due time.

• Like 1

Marcelo Farah
Posted
Posted (edited)

I've just downloaded xPilot Beta 35 which is for xp12. There's another installer for xp11. How can I install the program for it to work with both versions?

I have xp11 and xp12 installed in different folders. I've installed the xp12 version but later when I install the xp11 version, the program replaces the files because it asks for the x-plane folder but it assumes the previous installation folder for the program files. Besides the configuration files are located in /AppData/Local/org.vatsim.xpilot/  and  are overwritten with xp11 information, rendering the first installation useless for xp12.

Edited by Marcelo Farah

David Bromage
Posted
Posted

It isn't clear what to do if you have both X-Plane 11 and 12 installed on the same computer

Bill Padley
Posted
Posted

Agreed..I have both and have run into the same issue...

Bill Padley
Posted
Posted

Any news on this ?... its GREAT that Xpilot has been updated already- BRAVO ...

however how exactly do we use it if we still intend to run XP11 and XP12 together (as most people I'm  sure will be)

thanks. !

Marco Gateno
Posted
Posted

Any news on this? I am also interested in being able to use X-Pilot with both XP11 and XP12 installed in the same computer. 

Tim Waldon
Posted
Posted

Per the developer, you CAN have the xPilot plugins installed for both XP11 and XP12.

There are two beta.35 plugin versions that he published on the website, one for XP11 and one for XP12.

1) Install the XP11 version and specify your XP11 location path during the plugin install

2) Install the XP12 version and specify your XP12 location path during the plugin install

You need both plugin versions installed, and they can not be installed in the same XP location. Then double check all your audio settings within the plugins to make sure you can TX and RX.

Bill Padley
Posted
Posted

1 hour ago, Tim Waldon said:

you CAN have the xPilot plugins installed for both XP11 and XP12

Thanks Tim
I have both XP11 and 12 , and after a complete both version reinstall using the 2 seperate betas of xpilot, it seems that the answer is they SHARE the same Xpilot.exe file and directory .. strange though that may initially seem, it works 
Ive just had it running in both versions... fingers crossed its no more difficult than that  !

• Like 1

Tim Waldon
Posted
Posted

Yes, the xPilot client is the same for both, but there is a version specific plugin for XP11 and XP12. So you wont be able to interchange the actual plugins (hence the install location paths). That is the issue that most people are reporting on his Discord server, not installing the correct version in the correct location.

• 1 month later...
Sam Console
Posted
Posted

folks, the harder part for me is getting either to work for the first time. perhaps I have to start a new thread. I thought I was tech savvy but I cannot get it to work