You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

help with model matching mfs2020

Matthew Davies

Matthew Davies
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi there, My friend and i are struggling to see each other in the same plane MFS2020. The just flight hawk t1. it doesn't show as identified within the client. and when we fly with the plane it projects other planes on top of us. do you have a solution for this I've tried adding the icao type code but nothing works.

regards 

Matthew

Edited by Matthew Davies

• Matthew Davies changed the title to help with model matching mfs2020
Daniel Mckee
Posted
Posted

In vPilot it all depends on the .vmr files available. These files are used by vpilot to identify  aircraft types more accurately. Nearly all Asobo and indeed third party aircraft such as JustFlight do not provide a .vmr file and so it is up to the customer to create their own.   .vmr files are available for most aircraft types on Flightsim.to and most include installation documents. This can be very complicated for novices because for a .vmr file to work you also must have all the liveries and for large aircraft B738, A320 etc this can involve over 40GB in downloading.  Chances are however that there is no .vmr file for the Justflight Hawk. You are lucky because I have this Just Flight model and will create a  .vmr file for you if you want. Both of you will have to install it if you both want to see a hawk T1. If you would like me to do this then just drop me a pm.

Daniel Mckee
Posted
Posted

Just an edit to the above and Ross can correct me if I am incorrect, vPilot does in fact include all the default aircraft and liveries without having to create additional .vmr files so my comments do relate solely to additional aircraft and liveries downloaded.

Matthew Davies
Posted
Posted

that would be perfect if you could create a file for us 😄 im online now if you can do it? many thanks. matthew