You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

"failed to creat aircraft" error

Kyler Chen

Kyler Chen
Posted
Posted (edited)

hey guys,

I'm really new to vatsim and msfs and during my last flight on vatsim, I kept getting message like "Failed to create aircraft BEE62N using model "Airbus A320 Neo FLYBE AI". The model may be corrupt or missing. vPilot will try to create the aircraft with a different model." 

I used AIG manager and download the AIG model-matching for MSFS on github (https://github.com/Samueleonard/AIG-ModelMatching-For-MSFS) which I assumed I would have basically all the models? I used the BritishAvgeeks VMR file and now I have 8176 models found 6099 models identified. I recevied like 20+ errors from a short flight so I guess something's not right? 

The errors I got include Airbus A320 Neo Virgin Australia, Airbus A320 Neo Virgin Australia AI, SR22 Asobo, Cirrus SR22 Asobo, Airbus A320 Neo MONARCH AI, Airbus A320 Neo MONARCH and so on. 

I have the standard version of MSFS and never deleted any aircraft. Do I have to download more community liveries? 

Thanks in advance 😃

Edited by Kyler Chen

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

The error means the VMR file contains references to models that you don't actually have installed. So if you used BritishAvgeek's VMR file, then you need to install all of the models and liveries that are listed in that file.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Kyler Chen
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Ross Carlson said:

The error means the VMR file contains references to models that you don't actually have installed. So if you used BritishAvgeek's VMR file, then you need to install all of the models and liveries that are listed in that file.

Thanks! I install the AIG model-matching, which I believe has every liveries on AIG? Do you mean using BritishAvgeek's VMR would requires me to install more models and liveries from like flightsim.to or even buy some aircrafts(PMDG, FENIX)?

Or I can just delete whichever model/livery I don't have from that vmr file?

Oh and by "VMR file contains references to models that you don't actually have installed.", you meant someone else used a model/livery that I don't have or I will keep getting the error if it is in that VMR file, no matter if someone's using it or not? 

Thanks again 😃

Edited by Kyler Chen

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Kyler Chen said:

Do you mean using BritishAvgeek's VMR would requires me to install more models and liveries from like flightsim.to or even buy some aircrafts(PMDG, FENIX)?

I'm not sure, I don't use it ... but I assume that his VMR file would only reference models that are part of AIG. If it references models that belong to other model sets (or flyable aircraft like PMDG/Fenix) I assume the website would say that those models are required.

Or I can just delete whichever model/livery I don't have from that vmr file?

That would be one way to fix the errors. I know that some people use ModelMatchingMagic which scans your hard drive and generates a VMR file. That way your VMR file is guaranteed to only reference models that are actually installed.

Another option is to not use a VMR file at all, and let vPilot's automatic model matching do the work. It'll only use the "identified" models, though.

Oh and by "VMR file contains references to models that you don't actually have installed.", you meant someone else used a model/livery that I don't have or I will keep getting the error if it is in that VMR file, no matter if someone's using it or not? 

I'm not sure what you're asking here. All I'm saying is that the error means that vPilot selected a model from your VMR file, and that model is not actually installed in your sim.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted
On 8/2/2022 at 2:05 PM, Kyler Chen said:

If I understand your question correctly, you only get the error if someone is nearby which your VMR is trying to match to that particular model.

Example:

• your VMR ruleset includes a rule which matches callsign = "DAL*" and type ="B75*" to an AIG model called "Boeing 757-200 Delta".
  • you do not actually have the "Boeing 757-200 Delta" model installed.
  • if you are at an airport where no one is around who is logged on as with a DAL callsign who is also a B752 or B753, you'll never see that error.
  • as soon as you come within drawing range of such a plane, whether on the ground or mid-flight, vPilot will throw that errror because your VMR ruleset is telling vPilot to use a model you don't have.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Kyler Chen
Posted
Posted
On 8/3/2022 at 4:44 AM, Ross Carlson said:

Another option is to not use a VMR file at all, and let vPilot's automatic model matching do the work. It'll only use the "identified" models, though.

Thanks! I'll give that a try, and if one model is found but not identified that means I don't have that model in my VMR file right, or vice versa? 

Thanks again for all your hard work 😃

14 hours ago, Robert Shearman Jr said:

If I understand your question correctly, you only get the error if someone is nearby which your VMR is trying to match to that particular model.

Example:

• your VMR ruleset includes a rule which matches callsign = "DAL*" and type ="B75*" to an AIG model called "Boeing 757-200 Delta".
  • you do not actually have the "Boeing 757-200 Delta" model installed.
  • if you are at an airport where no one is around who is logged on as with a DAL callsign who is also a B752 or B753, you'll never see that error.
  • as soon as you come within drawing range of such a plane, whether on the ground or mid-flight, vPilot will throw that errror because your VMR ruleset is telling vPilot to use a model you don't have.

Hope that helps.

Thanks! That explains a lot. 

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Kyler Chen said:

Thanks! I'll give that a try, and if one model is found but not identified that means I don't have that model in my VMR file right, or vice versa?

No, identification has nothing to do with VMR files. A model is identified if vPilot finds a valid ICAO type code and a valid ICAO airline code in the model's aircraft.cfg file.

Essentially, VMR files are only needed to tell vPilot how to use models that it can't identify by scanning the cfg files. Or if you want to customize model matching behavior, like using some of the VMR features like changing the model based on the flight number.

Kyler Chen
Posted
Posted
On 8/5/2022 at 1:59 AM, Ross Carlson said:

No, identification has nothing to do with VMR files. A model is identified if vPilot finds a valid ICAO type code and a valid ICAO airline code in the model's aircraft.cfg file.

Essentially, VMR files are only needed to tell vPilot how to use models that it can't identify by scanning the cfg files. Or if you want to customize model matching behavior, like using some of the VMR features like changing the model based on the flight number.

Got you. Thanks again