You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

equipment codes for C172 G1000?

Kyler Chen

Kyler Chen
Posted
Posted

hey guys,

I'm new to Vatsim and when I went through my flight plan I saw my equipment code, which was generated by simbrief, was edited by ATC. Simbrief gave me L-SFG and atc amended it to L-VGD.

I know L stands for full navigation equipments on board, but whatr does SFG/VGD means? I can't seems to find much information online.

Thanks in advance 😃

Tim Waldon
Posted
Posted

Hello Kyler,

Is this example what you were refering to?

VATSIM_Stats_2.jpg.c7a2f1a0edcc6f06ed860e14e48bd576.jpg

I believe the first letter is your wake turbulence category (Light, Medium, Heavy, etc) that you selected on your flight plan. I'm not sure what the VGD or SFG represents.

Kyler Chen
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Tim Waldon said:

Hello Kyler,

Is this example what you were refering to?

VATSIM_Stats_2.jpg.c7a2f1a0edcc6f06ed860e14e48bd576.jpg

I believe the first letter is your wake turbulence category (Light, Medium, Heavy, etc) that you selected on your flight plan. I'm not sure what the VGD or SFG represents.

Hey Tim,

yes that’s what I mean. Yesterday I was on stats going through my flight plan and I saw controller amended it from L-SFG to L-VGD every time. I’m new to vatsim so I used simbrief for my flight plan, which gives me L-SFG when I chose C172. 

thanks for the help!

Tim Waldon
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the help Ross.

VHF/GNSS/DME/Mode A & C

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted

I do believe you've got it! 🙂

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.