You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Can vPilot check the whole VMR file for missing models in one go?

Fabrizio Barbierato

Fabrizio Barbierato
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi there!

I am trying to clean up a vmr file I downloaded for the AIG models, however there are many errors, especially with Lufthansa. The VMR references many models, but these folders are actually empty.

I am slowly cleaning up the file when I come across errors, and that got me wondering: is there a way to check the whole VMR file with vPilot or some other software in one go, without having to meet the traffic that calls the missing model? Can I somehow make vPilot load all entries in the VMR?

Does anyone know of a way to do it? Maybe even automate the process of removing missing models? 

Any chance this could be considered as a possible feature for a future vPilot release?

Regards,

Fabrizio

Edited by Fabrizio Barbierato

Fabrizio Barbierato

CLX319_zps10aeywtl.png

• Fabrizio Barbierato changed the title to Can vPilot check the whole VMR file for missing models in one go?
Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I am planning to have vPilot ignore models that are referenced in the VMR but were not found in the model scan. I didn't do this previously because the model scan wasn't always 100% reliable. Though I think it's close enough now that most of the kinks have been worked out and it seems to be reliable in MSFS.

Until then, I suggest you use ModelMatchingMagic to generate a VMR.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Fabrizio Barbierato
Posted
Posted

Thanks Ross, 

I'll try to make a new VMR then, it just might be faster this way.

Keep up the good work!

Fabrizio

Fabrizio Barbierato

CLX319_zps10aeywtl.png