You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

TRACON/TMA boundaries and notes.

Mateusz Zymla

Mateusz Zymla
Posted
Posted

Hi all, Hi @Ross Carlson !

I remember you told somewhere over the vatsim forums, that you're not utilising TRACON/TMA boundaries within VAT-Spy, because it would be difficult to recognize which sector shall be covered by which. However, just like vatspy data project, there is ongoing project for lower airspace boundaries. It is associated with SimAware, that already shows correct boundaries for some airports on map.vatsim.net.
https://github.com/maiuswong/simaware-tracon-project
Also, It would be useful if adding a comment in vatspy project were possible. Just like now you automatically add "Covers FL245 and above", if we could edit that within a file, that would be extremely useful.

I'd like to know your opinion about it!

Cheers.

Mateusz Zymla - 1131338

VATSIMer since 2009, IRL pilot rated.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Yeah, I'm aware of that project. I may use it in VAT-Spy if I ever get to the point of rewriting VAT-Spy, which is something I want to do, but currently I'm focused on CRC and the Virtual NAS server project.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Mateusz Zymla
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Ross Carlson said:

Yeah, I'm aware of that project. I may use it in VAT-Spy if I ever get to the point of rewriting VAT-Spy, which is something I want to do, but currently I'm focused on CRC and the Virtual NAS server project.

Sure thing, I just wanted to bring your attention to that. It could also be mentioned to vatspy-project team for broader attention, will be easier to introduce other apps if we had such a nice database of FIRs/ARTCCs/TRACONs/TMAs/CTAs.

Mateusz Zymla - 1131338

VATSIMer since 2009, IRL pilot rated.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Like me, they are already aware of that project.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Adrian Bjerke
Posted
Posted

There is a plan to transfer it to the VATSpy github project.

• Like 1

Adrian Bjerke
[email protected]
VATSIM Scandinavia

Logo VACCSCA