You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Event Website: Today's events shown as "Tomorrow", early real tomorrow event shown in same section

Daniel Neugebauer

Daniel Neugebauer
Posted
Posted (edited)

Not sure if this is the correct place to report it but the event website (https://vatsim.net/events/) currently lists today's events (20 Aug 2022) under the headline "Tomorrow", even despite the first event correctly being shown as "In Progress" (screenshot taken at 0857z = 10:58 CEST):

image.png.31bc76e741333b21f6f2f91f79c88980.png

Chrome 104.0.5112.101, Linux, CEST (Europe/Berlin)

Page reload does not help. I noticed the UTC times (shown when opening an event Edit: actually they are not shown anywhere except in banner image or freetext) are translated to my local time (used on overview) correctly. It seems just the date is somehow misinterpreted?

Dates are also misinterpreted further down in the list:

image.png.c4aebf625f5f6a8141aa7a60eca556dc.png

01:00 of my local time already is the real "tomorrow"/Sunday in my time zone, so I guess "Hot August Nights" should be displayed in the next section (which would actually be "tomorrow")?

Edit: In an environment where UTC times are common, I find it quite irritating to not show UTC times anywhere and (potentially) risk screwing up automated translation to local time zones.

Edited by Daniel Neugebauer
  • Like 1

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted

Another example:

It is currently 2022-08-25 11:51 UTC.

Currently this event is shown as "tomorrow":

image.png.a69ad74d25fd6be35fdc8c029c973741.png

image.png.5a5f14b544dffbcf7d63220cca7494fd.png

• 2 months later...
Daniel Neugebauer
Posted
Posted

Now it's even weirder than before... it's 17:15 CET (1615z) on Monday (7 November) and Monday events are shown as "Started Yesterday" while Tuesday events are "Today" and Wednesday events "Tomorrow": 🤔

image.thumb.png.7dbeb920751395c61dcccfbd34bac20a.png

Andrew McCabe
Posted
Posted

This has already been flagged with the tech team.

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted

"Already". Ok.

Now that we know where to report I opened a ticket for this thread.

I am having the "Started yesterday" problem as well. FWIW, I am in timezone UTC+1.

• 3 weeks later...
Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted

This has been resolved. It looks good to me.