You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New to Vatsim had this encounter a little while back (taxiing inquiry)

Wass Kass

Wass Kass
Posted
Posted

Hello this is my first post on vatsim forums, i just landed (my 3rd official vatsim flight) just when i landed i was asked by tower to exit via L6. I exited via L7 (im still new). Anyway, I was told to contact ground. When I contacted ground I was asked to go Right ON M hold short P4. I'll attach a screenshot to show the charts and if someone could explain to me what he meant.

Iimage.png.b1e2fc8b655052dd6f35e971fbc9c2f3.png

ignore the pink cursor this was after i disconnected from vatsim cause i had no idea what to do. anyway. i was standing on L7. and he asked me to go RIGHT on Mike which is AWAY from p4. Was I supposed to go LEFT and hold short on P4 or go RIGHT and do a turnaround or something at the end and THEN hold short at P4?

Note I know P4 is on the RIGHT of L7 on the charts, but from my pilots seat perspective its on the LEFT.

Tim Waldon
Posted
Posted

After exiting the runway onto taxiway L7, it is definitely a left turn onto taxiway M. I'm assuming it was just an error on the controller's part. Next time there is ever a confusing situation, just hold your current position and contact the controller for clarification. No need to disconnect if you're ever confused. Controllers will help you out and either clarify their instructions, or issue corrected instructions if there was an error. Don't be afraid to ask, it's the best thing to do. 🙂

Wass Kass
Posted
Posted

The ground was getting frustrated and when I did actually hold my position, he sent me a ??, then i explained and he answered in a frustrated way (assuming), 

Note: For the disconnection part i usually don't disconnect but it was busy and there was an aircraft waiting behind me, so i didnt want to cause any delays for upcoming traffic. I am new to vatsim and I assumed I missed something.

image.png.910037fb7cdcf6d20edf3434bb031549.png

Tim Waldon
Posted
Posted

Don't get discouraged from the incident, keep flying and having fun. Since I didn't hear the conversation, I can only say that no one should be getting frustrated over this type of situation. It appears to be a simple question about turning left or right at an intersection. Anyways, as long as pilots and controllers are patient, courteous, and they communicate professionally, most situations shouldn't escalate.