You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Not able to hear ATC and they can't hear me

Andrew Maxwell

Andrew Maxwell
Posted
Posted (edited)

I apologize if this has been hashed out already, but i am unable to find a fix.  ATC cannot hear me and i can't hear them.  I can hear ATIS and message notifications, but nothing else.  When i hit my push to talk button the TX button lights up blue but again, i am not being heard. 

Edited by Don Desfosse
Moved topic to correct forum

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

You may want to post this in the correct support forum for the software you're trying to use (or let us know and one of the moderators can move it to the correct thread).  Along those lines, which software are you trying to use?  If vPilot, what steps have you already tried from the troubleshooting guide and what were the results?

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Andrew Maxwell
Posted
Posted

i'm trying to use vpilot.  I have not found the troubleshooting guide yet but will look now.  I'm not sure which is the correct forum? 

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

I'll gently tease you just for a moment.... 🙂

My quick thought was, "Jeez, can't he at least Google 'vPilot Troubleshooting Guide' ?"  But not to assume, because that's dangerous, I did a Google search on 'vPilot Troubleshooting Guide' (you can click that link) and the very first result was a link to the vPilot Tips, Tricks, FAQ and Troubleshooting Guide.

Hooray!  One down and one to go.

Which forum?  The vPilot Forum.  If you go to the Forums home and look at the structure, it's at Home > Support > Pilot Software > vPilot   
For your convenience, if you click where I typed vPilot in the line above, I embedded the link to go directly to the vPilot forum.
(Side note:  The vPilot Tips, Tricks, FAQ and Troubleshooting Guide is pinned to the top of that forum as well.  🙂 )

In any case, and for additional convenience, I'll move this thread to the vPilot forum now.

Good luck; let us know how you make out.

• Like 1

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations