You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot voice stuttering, unplayable.

Julie Zaremskiy

Julie Zaremskiy
Posted
Posted

This is a recent development. ATC an hear me just fine, but i can't receive ATC or other traffic without severe stuttering. Audio comes in for 2 seconds, cuts for 2 seconds, and repeats. IFR clearance gets broken up a lot, to the point of unreadability, and departure/landing instructions are completely impossible. 

I've read around other topics to no success. My CPU usage is 40-60% throughout 8 physical cores. Priority set to high and real time, no success.

I have tried reinstalling vPilot, trying different servers, 5GHZ and 2.4GHZ connections, no success.

I am unable to try the port forwarding method since i don't have access to the router in my apartment unit. Building owner was saying it's T-Mobile home internet or something of sort for ISP. Speeds are pretty decent, 25mbps download

Any idea what may be a good fix for this?

Julie Zaremskiy
Posted
Posted

Did some poking around. Pinging 8.8.8.8 in CMD is showing 100% packet loss last night, but no packet loss this morning and audio is coming in just fine. Will run the test again later today.

Ryan Gallaway
Posted
Posted

If you actually are on T-Mobile Home Internet, you're basically using your 5G phone internet to fly. I can't imagine pings are very consistent over 5G wireless internet. You might get a slight improvement if you could plug into your router with Ethernet instead of wi-fi, but unfortunately your best bet would be to try to switch to a traditional hardwired ISP. Tell your landlord it's too inconsistent for working for home or something.