You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

No VATSIM planes only AI planes

Gabriel Adei

Gabriel Adei
Posted
Posted (edited)

I need help badly as I have tried everything I know and posting on other threads not getting response

I cannot see other vatsim flyers and still have AI planes on the ground at the gates even though I have multiplayer turned off, live traffic turned off, AI turned off etc

I did model matching and this is the results

Settings for simulator : MSFS

Last aircraft model scan performed on: Aug 28, 2022 17:19

Results: 237 models found, 0 identified

No matter what I do I get 0 identified, is that where my probelm is. I have tried many other settings. I can hear pilots on the frequency but my sim is full of AI planes instead of vatism pilots. I know there are pilots in the vicinity etc as I use VatSpy as well. And definately not the number of AI planes around me makes sense.

Please help (picture inserted)

IMG_3526.jpg

Edited by Gabriel Adei

• Gabriel Adei changed the title to No VATSIM planes only AI planes
Andrew McCabe
Posted
Posted (edited)

I suspect the issue is with your MSFS settings, not vPilot.

In MSFS   :-

GENERAL OPTIONS >>> DATA  Mutiplayer should be set to ON

GENERAL OPTIONS >>> Traffic >>> Aircraft Traffic Type set to OFF

Edited by Andrew McCabe
Typo
  • Like 1

Gabriel Adei
Posted
Posted

Thank you sir, I will try checking my settings again and give feedback

Gabriel Adei
Posted
Posted

Sir

I checked all my settings and confirmed it matched the recommendations you gave me.

However on an evening flight today I could not see any vatsim aircraft. Still had AI aircraft allover

I know I was near other vatsim flight because of the ATC chatter on ground at KIAH and KLAX.

What am I missing. 

Please help

Andrew McCabe
Posted
Posted

If you have Traffic set to off, you should not even be seeing AI traffic.  Are you sure it's not Vatsim traffic ?  MSFS does not show the traffic tail number etc like FSX does.   It could be it is Vatsim traffic, but MSFS is only showing ASOBO default aircraft ?       May be worth you trying to work with someone, and both log on at adjacent stands to definitively establish if it's AI or Vatsim traffic you are seeing.

• 1 month later...
Gabriel Adei
Posted
Posted

Sir, awesome tip! All along I was seeing vatsim planes but I guess the problem is that all the other planes are the same model and variant. So I see just one type of plane all over. Now to fix that issue I tried model matching etc but not working so far.

Andrew McCabe
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am no expert when it comes to model matching, and maybe someone else can pitch in here.  But have a look at this video which explains the use of AIG ( Alpha India Group ) for model matching.  You can spend hours / days installing all the liveries, or just select a few that are relevant to you.  May be worth trying just one or two first and see if it works .

Edited by Andrew McCabe

• 3 weeks later...
Gabriel Adei
Posted
Posted

I think I have made some progress by downloading the suggested links. I have them working (at least I hope) but I am getting lots of these errors and I think most of the planes I am seeing are Spirit Airlines airbus.

See the attached.

What am I doing wrong. I do appreciate all the help so far.

IMG_3664.jpg