You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Elizabeth R

Alistair Thomson

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted

Are there any plans to commemorate the life of Elizabeth II? I suppose that any fly-past or suchlike would be military-non-combat and would therefore fall within the interests of VSOA. Full disclosure: I have no knowledge of, nor any interest in, military flying of any kind, but as an ex-pat I have always liked and respected her and it would be nice, I think, for VATSIM to somehow acknowledge her passing.

• Like 1

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.

Gerard Harbonnier
Posted
Posted

Nice idea.

We could, with or without organization perform a fly-in to EGLL on the 19th.

Mattia Torti
Posted
Posted
On 9/9/2022 at 6:04 PM, Alistair Thomson said:

Are there any plans to commemorate the life of Elizabeth II? I suppose that any fly-past or suchlike would be military-non-combat and would therefore fall within the interests of VSOA. Full disclosure: I have no knowledge of, nor any interest in, military flying of any kind, but as an ex-pat I have always liked and respected her and it would be nice, I think, for VATSIM to somehow acknowledge her passing.

Send Roger an email - [email protected]

He's the best person to help you out here.

MATTIA TORTI
Division Director
Network Senior Supervisor
## [email protected]
## [email protected]
VATEUD Logo

Trevor Hannant
Posted
Posted
On 9/11/2022 at 8:04 AM, Gerard Harbonnier said:

Nice idea.

We could, with or without organization perform a fly-in to EGLL on the 19th.

Be advised there's a good chance that you might not get a huge amount of control given that the funeral will be taking place that day.  While there will be a massive national (and international) interest in it, you may find certain generations won't tune in but equally, they may...

Trevor Hannant