You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Xpilot CSL paths are not configured or enabled on XPlane 12

eddie nickelson

eddie nickelson
Posted
Posted

Is Xpilot supporting Xplane 12? Snice I keep getting these errors, everthing should be installed fine and im Using BETA 35 

Thanks, velocity

Lauri Uusitalo
Posted
Posted
On 9/9/2022 at 9:45 PM, eddie nickelson said:

Is Xpilot supporting Xplane 12? Snice I keep getting these errors, everthing should be installed fine and im Using BETA 35 

Thanks, velocity

Have you downloaded the correct BETA 35 version for XP12?

ACH2118.jpg

Tim Waldon
Posted
Posted

@eddie nickelson,

Yes, the developer is supporting xPilot for X-Plane 11 and 12.

If you recently downloaded and installed xPilot for XP12, you can verify the CSL package by looking at the "CSL Configuration" tab within the plugin settings. A path will be listed where the package is installed, and the "Enabled" box should have a check mark next to it. As for the message at startup, if you have the CSL package properly installed and configured, you can click the check box not to display the message any more.

• 1 month later...
jonathan bryant
Posted
Posted

Trying to setup xpilot with x-plane 12 (newest beta - 8??) for the first time.  Installed xpilot beta 36, followed CSL download prompts, completed install, run program.  I'm receiving the "no valid CSL paths" error message.  I verified Bluebell CSL is loaded in the correct place.  Verified the path is correct in xplane plugin settings.  Re-downloaded Bluebell from different source, same error.  Put Bluebell in a different location and specified that path, same error.  Uninstalled beta 36, tried installing beta 35 -  wouldn't run and I got a "dead baby" message.  Funny.  Uninstalled 35, re-downloaded and installed b36, same CSL path error over and over.  I'm on Windows 11 (it sucks!)  Anybody have any tips, tricks or advice for me?

image.thumb.png.c64fd64736c7be554c0834a0cdb9a964.png

Martin Pacheco
Posted
Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, jonathan bryant said:

Trying to setup xpilot with x-plane 12 (newest beta - 8??) for the first time.  Installed xpilot beta 36, followed CSL download prompts, completed install, run program.  I'm receiving the "no valid CSL paths" error message.  I verified Bluebell CSL is loaded in the correct place.  Verified the path is correct in xplane plugin settings.  Re-downloaded Bluebell from different source, same error.  Put Bluebell in a different location and specified that path, same error.  Uninstalled beta 36, tried installing beta 35 -  wouldn't run and I got a "dead baby" message.  Funny.  Uninstalled 35, re-downloaded and installed b36, same CSL path error over and over.  I'm on Windows 11 (it sucks!)  Anybody have any tips, tricks or advice for me?

image.thumb.png.c64fd64736c7be554c0834a0cdb9a964.png

Just figured this out on discord with Justin's support. The CSL download process on b36 is broken, now he's working on a fix. Download it manually and it'll be working fine (at least in b35, going to test b36 right now).

Edited by Martin Pacheco
typo

jonathan bryant
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Martin Pacheco said:

Download it manually and it'll be working fine (at least in b35, going to test b36 right now)

Thank you for looking into this for me. 

Can you dumb down the above statement a bit for me?  Download the Bluebell files manually?  I believe I did that, and I parked them in a different location, with the correct (maybe?) path specified. But I didn't remove the download b36 did automatically.  I might be able to follow instructions, if they're black and white. . . or I can just wait for the b36 fix.   🙂

thanks again!

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Hi Jonathan,

Give this version a try: https://xpilot-project.org/files/xPilot-2.0.0-beta.36a-Windows.zip

When you launch the client, you can enter the command .downloadcsl to show the CSL download prompt again (if it doesn’t automatically appear). 

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Stefan Pana
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Justin Shannon said:

Hi Jonathan,

Give this version a try: https://xpilot-project.org/files/xPilot-2.0.0-beta.36a-Windows.zip

When you launch the client, you can enter the command .downloadcsl to show the CSL download prompt again (if it doesn’t automatically appear). 

Thank you for this! I've been having the same problem since yesterday, I was close to giving up. This fixed it.

jonathan bryant
Posted
Posted
On 10/24/2022 at 9:15 AM, Justin Shannon said:

Worked like a charm!  Thanks, Justin