You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Multiple liveries in vPilot

Gerard Harbonnier

Gerard Harbonnier
Posted
Posted

Hello!

I fly in a VA (AFKLVGP) where we use multiple Airlines (AFRR, KLM, TVF).

I would like to use different liveries, reflecting different call-signs, depending of the flight.
For the moment my "standard" livery is a Transavia (nice white and green). How can I change easily to Air France or KLM, without being obliged to reconfigure completely the model matching?
Thanks

Gerard

Trevor Hannant
Posted
Posted

As far as I'm aware, it will only detect the ICAO code of the airline, no more - so if someone logs on with KLM, it will show KLM, regardless of the numbers/letters after this.  There's no option to change livery beyond the company code 

Trevor Hannant

Gerard Harbonnier
Posted
Posted

OK, so when I log in, in the connection items I write KLMxxx (or AFRxxx or TVFxxx) and B738, and that should do the trick.

Will give it a try and as other to know how they see me.

Thanks

Gerard

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Model matching has nothing to do with how others see you. It is only for how you see others.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Daniel Mckee
Posted
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Gerard Harbonnier said:

OK, so when I log in, in the connection items I write KLMxxx (or AFRxxx or TVFxxx) and B738, and that should do the trick.

Will give it a try and as other to know how they see me.

Thanks

Gerard

If as you say you need others to see you in the same aircraft and livery that you are flying (which makes sense) then they will need to have the same aircraft and livery in their Community Folder (they cannot see what they have not got!). The whole Model matching system works best if all pilots in your multiplayer group have the same appropriate aircraft and livery and .vmr file in their sim. The .vmr file is what you link to in your Model Matching(MSFS)/ Custom Rules section of vPilot Settings. You can have a model matching file (called a .vmr file in MSFS2020) that associates more than one livery with a callsign i.e. KLM actually has a modern livery and a retro livery for a B738 however that is rather pointless because when that happens the sim will itself select one of the liveries at random and this gets complicated.

Edited by Daniel Mckee