You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Thank you Tower View

Robert Ogden 985378

Robert Ogden 985378
Posted
Posted

(there didn't seem to be a good place over at the VRC forums for this so I figured here would do)

Ross, I just wanted to say that Friday night on Little Rock Tower was the first night that I was really able to give the Tower View a good workout. I kept my flight strip bay on the other monitor to line up the arrivals and drop in the departure slips where they could fit (when they could...my apologies to those who had to hear "there will be four arrivals prior to your departure"!), but on my good screen was nothing but the tower view. It was beautiful. Thank you.

My only complaint is that it still was not able to keep pilots from spawning on my only active runway with aircraft over the numbers. Must be a bug.

216.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Excellent ... glad to hear it. Thanks.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Evan Dunn 937557
Posted
Posted
My only complaint is that it still was not able to keep pilots from spawning on my only active runway with aircraft over the numbers. Must be a bug.

That's funny.

937557.jpg

• 1 month later...
Mike Fries
Posted
Posted

I just got Tower View set up on my second monitor. I have it set up for a 190ft tall Tower at SFO and a 50ft tall tower at a small Cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] D RHV. Both airports have been awesome to control with tower view and labels off

0.png

• 1 month later...
Carlos Palo 969743
Posted
Posted
I just got Tower View set up on my second monitor. I have it set up for a 190ft tall Tower at SFO and a 50ft tall tower at a small Cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] D RHV. Both airports have been awesome to control with tower view and labels off

Can someone explain how to set up a towerview. I already know how to connect VRC and FS, bu't can't seem to get a panning towerview in FS.

EDIT: Solved the problem, I can now enjoy 3D towerview (although the VIP package is terrible ).

Carlos Palo

FSX on C2D E8400 [email protected], Asus P5Q Pro, OCZ 2*2048MB (1066Mhz), XFX HD4870 1GB, Antec 300, Scythe Mugen 2, Samsung 24" 1920*1200

my FSX Videos

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

Might aswell jump in on this one. Seems as if last weekend was the weekend to get Tower view working. I set up EGFF on my main monitor and it looked awesome the real penny in the bun was to start my TRACK ir4 and just move my head about the field.

Awesome is not a word good enough to explain the joy I had doing this. To be able to pan from one end of the runway to the other and have both the jet apron and the ga parking on south side in view at the same time was brilliant.

The only problem is working out what I need open on my second monitor, eg contraoillers and chat flight strip bay etc. the other thing also is until I am truly used to the tower view I feel I still need my scope view open.

Brilliant Cheers Ross.

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks