You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Graphics card for new pc

Michael Garrett

Michael Garrett
Posted
Posted

Well, I was going to get the rtx3080ti for my new flight sim pc next month. But now I think it would be foolish to continue with that. I'm on the waiting list for an rtx4090 instead now. 

Does anybody know of pricing? 

Screenshot_20220922-202404_Chrome.jpg

John Stockton
Posted
Posted

Starting to remove an arm and leg now for down payment.

N313GM, P0: X-Plane 12.01r3, Windows 11, i7-13700k, RTX4080 (16GB), 32GB DDR4 4800

Michael Garrett
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, John Stockton said:

Starting to remove an arm and leg now for down payment.

Lol I'm putting aside $2,500 cdn for it just in case it's over 2k

Micah Alexander Hyman
Posted
Posted

Not sure I'd drop that much on a brand new GPU when I could easily get a RTX3080 Ti, I feel that NVIDIA is selling the same product in a way. Maybe give it another thought, but if I was in your shoes, a RTX3080 would be my choice.

ALEXANDER HYMAN
VATSIM Virtual Airlines Audit Manager & Developer      

##

[email protected]

Facebook Twitter

Instagram

Michael Garrett
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Micah Alexander Hyman said:

Not sure I'd drop that much on a brand new GPU when I could easily get a RTX3080 Ti, I feel that NVIDIA is selling the same product in a way. Maybe give it another thought, but if I was in your shoes, a RTX3080 would be my choice.

I would prefer not to have to spend that much of course. My hope is that since Fs immerses me best with higher frame rates, that the 4090 would guarantee that level of immersion that I'm looking for. I would hate to purchase the 3080ti and then realize it fell short of my hopes. 

I'm going to wait until November before making a decision so I can see what others are saying about their experiences. I'm going to still set aside the money but I'm still open to the 3080ti.

Edited by Michael Garrett