You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Gateway time-out for flight plans.

Jonathan Pinkerton

Jonathan Pinkerton
Posted
Posted

I'm currently on a VATSIM flight, and trying to verify that my flight plan was submitted properly. Using xPilot 2.0, I click "FLIGHT PLAN," and am redirected to a browser window pointed to "https://my.vatsim.net/pilots/flightplan", as is proper. However, I'm getting the following error:

Gateway time-out Error code 504

You - Browser: Working.

Los Angeles - Cloudflare: Working.

my.vatsim.net - Host: Error

I have grown accustomed to seeing this message once and having to refresh.

However, in addition to the usual errors, when the page loads, and I see "We found an existing flightplan in the database for you. Would you like us to load this now so you can edit and file it?", I click "Yes," only to see:

There was an error. Please try again

This error was consistent over about a ten-minute period.

What's going on, and why can't I see my flight plans?

Jonathan Pinkerton
Posted
Posted

Old versions of the client software allowed pilots to file flight plans from within the client. Is there any way to do that still?

This problem appears to be getting worse, so I'm wondering if anyone is aware that it occasionally happens.

Of note, I'm unable to file a flight plan for the second time today because I just keep getting cloudflare gateway timeout errors.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

We found that today was a "special" day based on some database upgrades that were performed yesterday that had a few "unanticipated effects" on various portions of the network.  Those, we believe, were rectified somewhere around 18Z or 19Z today.  I'm hoping things are better for filing flight plans as a result.  Please let us know if you concur things have gotten better, or not.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

• 2 weeks later...
Jonathan Pinkerton
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi.

This had been an issue for probably a month or so, but it had been getting worse. September 23 was definitely a special day, and I am aware of the maintenance that was performed.

The issue did recur a few times after that, but it seems to be much better now. It's been several days since I've had an issue, and I've filed close to a hundred flight plans since I've seen that error.

It didn't completely go away September 24, but it's been awhile since I've seen it. If it's not completely gone, it's much, much better.

Edited by Jonathan Pinkerton
Changing to be more factual

• 1 month later...
Vinne Heins
Posted
Posted

This has happened so many times, is there a fix for this?image.png