You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

[SOLVED] (vPilot)? causes MSFS Aircraft Models to lag

• vpilot
  • msfs2020
  • help

Adin Karic

Adin Karic
Posted
Posted (edited)

Im having a problem with the 737 (maybe even all aircraft, not confirmed)  

Since SU10, I did 4 flights. 2 offline, they went perfectly, 2 on VATSIM (with vPilot) and they did not to say the least. My FPS stays the same but basically the aircraft model itself gets laggy - turning knobs is slow, all the levers and buttons are slow (in the sense that the animations are slowed down or laggy), engines are unresponsive (they do respond but very slowly), the pushback tug is slow regardless of the speed being set to high.... I had to quit both flights after pushback when I realized that its not just the buttons but rather the engines as well - I was following the same checklist for all 4 flights, so it cant be my fault. 

Could it be a problem with vPilot like I suspect it to be, or is it the PMDG 737, or the FS itself maybe? 

Does anyone else have the same problem? Its not that great that I had to cancel 2 VATSIM flights even though I put more than an hour of prep before disconnecting. Ill stop flying on VATSIM until I find a solution so that I dont waste the time of the controllers, any help is appreciated.

Edited by Adin Karic

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Adin Karic said:

maybe even all aircraft, not confirmed

It would be best if you could confirm this.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Did you change the default model in your vPilot model matching settings?  And if so, to what?

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Adin Karic
Posted
Posted
On 9/27/2022 at 9:26 PM, Ross Carlson said:

It would be best if you could confirm this.

Hey, I ended up solving it. 

I noticed that the "lag" starts after I set the Parking Break, but only when Im connected with vPilot. Im still not 100% about the case but I think it was the sim. To set my parking brake on the 737 I use * and - (Hold Toe Breaks) and then Ctrl + , (Set Parking Break) to actually set it. The problem seemed to be that Ctrl + - (Minus for Knobs in MSFS) was also being activated because of - being held for the toe brake. After removing the Ctrl + - binding, the sim did not start lagging after setting the parking break anymore. I guess that MSFS didnt like Ctrl + , and Ctrl + - being pressed at the same time, but the fact that it only happens with vPilot is weird.

• Adin Karic changed the title to [SOLVED] (vPilot)? causes MSFS Aircraft Models to lag