You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

xPilot window lost

Jonathan Pinkerton

Jonathan Pinkerton
Posted
Posted

Help! I lost my second monitor, which was where xPilot was.

All the usual shortcuts to move the xPilot window back into viewable real estate don't work because xPilot doesn't follow the normal laws of window maximizing / resizeability / etc.

How can I get it back onto the screen, short of a clean reinstall?

Tim Waldon
Posted
Posted

Hello Jonathan,

You would need to completely disable the second monitor in your Windows display settings. If that monitor is still physically connected but not turning on, Windows will still send xPilot to that second screen. You have to configure Windows back to a single display setup. This will revert all applications back to the single display. After you open and close the applications on the single display, Windows will remember this new placement. Then, after a new monitor is connected to your computer, you can start moving the applications back to the second monitor one by one.

This exact scenario happened to me before, which is why I'm recommending this. It may or may not work in your case, but if definitely worked for me.

Uninstalling and reinstalling xPilot did not work. Windows kept sending xPilot to the dead second monitor until I performed the single display setup.