You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VPilot Disconnect from the server

Mike Meadows

Mike Meadows
Posted
Posted

Good Day Everyone,

image.thumb.png.b382fe16b61e640a2b3b43fe0d00233b.png

I've been trying to fix this issue for the past few days. 

I've tried multiple things (Firewall Bypass) (Turning off the firewall on my router).

My ISP recently changed me to a EERO WIFI modem.

Does anyone else have issues with this? 

Looking for any help to resolve this issue. 

Mike Meadows
Posted
Posted

Anyone with any help or advice on this? Do I need to post in a different forum? 

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Hi Mike,

You had posted it in the vPilot forum, but it seems like a voice issue, so I've moved it to the AFV forum.

I've never seen something like that.  I know the voice server does require a stable internet connection for voice to stay connected, so it's possible that you have an "unstable-enough" wifi connection to be causing this, and this is just the worst case of rapid-fire-disconnects that I remember seeing.  It's possible that someone else in the community might have more experience and ideas, but all I can think of is closing the air-gap between your computer and your router to see if that improves your connection, and therefore your stability with the voice server.  Or, of course, getting a hardwired connection to the router.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Mike Meadows
Posted
Posted

Thank you for your reply Don and putting the post in the correct area. 

I did resort to hardwiring my computer. 

Upgraded to a CAT6 cable with 1GBps. 

Unfortunately I believe this is because of the EERO router that my ISP had me upgrade too recently. 

I've also started to see "Authentication Failure" fire back at me as well and disconnects me from the server completely. 

Been on Vatsim for over 10+ years and haven't seen or had an issue like this. 

I believe this may be an IPV6 issue. 

Even though all my hardware is IPV6 ready and enabled. 

I understand V-Pilot recently put out a new update working around the IPV6 to IPV4 authentication. 

Unfortunately I'm still having the issue after the update. 

I will keep this post updated, if anyone has suggestions or need a log from me. 

Let me know and I'll post what you need to resolve the issue hopefully. 

Dustin Rider
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Mike Meadows said:

I understand V-Pilot recently put out a new update working around the IPV6 to IPV4 authentication. 

Unfortunately I'm still having the issue after the update. 

I will keep this post updated, if anyone has suggestions or need a log from me. 

Let me know and I'll post what you need to resolve the issue hopefully.

Mike, you're correct that Ross recently updated VPilot to make this change. You should leave a reply on his post on the thread I linked to below so that he can more easily keep tabs on how the fix is working, especially if you're still having issues.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Realize that Ross' recent fix addresses a different issue than Mike's issue.  So although you *could* leave that feedback, in my opinion that feedback might not help a lot, because Mike's issue is very different than the one Ross just addressed (as partially evidenced by the error messages being quite different).

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations