You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot 3.4.7 Released

Ross Carlson

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

This version implements a workaround for users with faulty IPv6 connectivity, resulting in an error such as "Authentication failed: A task was cancelled" when trying to connect to VATSIM.

Those of you that disabled IPv6 on your computers should now be able to re-enable IPv6. vPilot will only use IPv4 to authenticate.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• Ross Carlson pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
Hamidreza Bokharaei
Posted
Posted

Hi

Radio frequency keeps changing by itself to random numbers such as 128.1 or previous frequency after update 3.4.7. 

Screenshot (122).png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Nothing in the version 3.4.7 update could cause this, so it's likely just a coincidence that it started happening when you updated to 3.4.7.

The yellow message you're seeing can be caused a few different ways. First, if you use the .com1 command. Second, if you enter the .tune command, followed by a callsign, it will tune that controller's frequency. Third, if you press the enter key while keyboard focus is in the controller list, it will tune the frequency for the selected controller. I'm sure you aren't doing the first or second things, so my guess is it's the third one.

Hamidreza Bokharaei
Posted
Posted

Thanks for your quick response and sorry for the confusion. The yellow message is actually me using the .com1 command to bring the frequency back where it was. There are no messages showing a frequency change but it is changed on the top right corner. Maybe it's because of the simulator that I've updated or maybe SimConnect since the altitude doesn't work (SimConnect error: NAME_UNRECOGNIZED 7).

Hamidreza Bokharaei
Posted
Posted

After a bit of googling, I realized I hadn't disabled the AI Radio Communications (ATC) option. Frequency change issue was solved by turning this option off. Altitude issue persists.

Eric LeMarier
Posted
Posted

After installing 3.4.7 my regular front panel mic input will not work with vPilot. It will work with a USB microphone attached to a USB port but not with my headset mic plugged into the mic in. I have verified that Windows is showing input and that the mic input sounds fine when selecting Listen to this device under Properties in the Sound window in control panel. Please help....can't use my mic with vPilot when it always worked before.

Eric LeMarier
Posted
Posted

Also can verify that I can use the headset mic with the same input with Discord so I know it's something wrong with vPilot 3.4.7

Kind of a bummer

Please fix....

Eric LeMarier
Posted
Posted

Is there anywhere where I can download 3.4.6 until this is fixed?

Eric

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Eric LeMarier said:

After installing 3.4.7 my regular front panel mic input will not work with vPilot. It will work with a USB microphone attached to a USB port but not with my headset mic plugged into the mic in. I have verified that Windows is showing input and that the mic input sounds fine when selecting Listen to this device under Properties in the Sound window in control panel. Please help....can't use my mic with vPilot when it always worked before.

Nothing changed in 3.4.7 that has anything to do with audio, so it's highly unlikely that this is a problem in 3.4.7. It is likely just a coincidence.

When you say that your mic input "will not work" with vPilot, what exactly do you mean?

Eric LeMarier
Posted
Posted

It shows a quick blip but not picking up anything I say in the microphone. vPilot works fine with the usb microphone and I've verified my headphone mic works with everything but vPilot when in the regular front panel mic in configuration. Never had a problem before 3.4.7. Can you send me a link to 3.4.6 to test this? It was working in the previous version

ERic

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

It shows a quick blip

What does this mean?

Can you send me a link to 3.4.6

That will be a last resort ... I want to limit having old versions floating around as much as possible.

Eric LeMarier
Posted
Posted

When I talk into the mic it shows a quick up down in the audio received box when testing for volume and stays in the blue no matter how much I adjust it up. I would just like 3.4.6 so I can verify that it's vPilot that is the problem as everything else works.

Eric

Eric LeMarier
Posted
Posted

This is what it does (you can see Windows having the mic input flashing as I talk and vPilot doing nothing at all with the same mic at the same time

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Eric LeMarier
Posted
Posted

I made sure it has access to it through Windows already...does the same thing

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Definitely seems like something is blocking vPilot from accessing the mic. What happens if you run as admin?

Eric LeMarier
Posted
Posted

same thing as I always run as admin...other people in my virtual flight club say that others have had the same problem. They gave me the same suggestions as you but to no avail

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Have you tried running it not as admin?

Eric LeMarier
Posted
Posted

It doesn't work as non-admin either

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Next thing to try is a complete uninstall of vPilot, ensuring that the folder is completely gone, then reboot the computer, then reinstall vPilot.

Eric LeMarier
Posted
Posted

I'll try this and get back to you

Eric

• 3 weeks later...
Ahmed Alaa El-Din
Posted
Posted

Is there any coming update soon to fix the issue which is reported from the middle east. 

The voice while talking is not clear at all...no one can understand what we say. 

I tried connecting to vpilot using my mobile data it's working fine... But when I connect using my wifi.. No one can hear my voice clearly. 

It's like a robot talking. 

Thank you 

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Ahmed Alaa El-Din said:

I tried connecting to vpilot using my mobile data it's working fine... But when I connect using my wifi.. No one can hear my voice clearly.

If it works fine using mobile data, then it isn't an issue with vPilot, right?

Ahmed Alaa El-Din
Posted
Posted

Thank you for your reply. 

But something is wrong when it's connected to the home wifi. 

It's related to ip address.. Still I can't figure it out. 

I really hope I can find a solution for it. 

I can't fly for more than 2 weeks now. 

Ahmed Alaa El-Din
Posted
Posted

Can you please at least give me a link to download the previous version of vpilot? 

Thank you 

• Don Desfosse unpinned this topic