You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VFR Flight Groups

Brandon Ngai

Brandon Ngai
Posted
Posted

Hello, 

I am a student pilot (IRL) and avid flight simmer. I really enjoy VFR flying, both for fun and as a way to practice some of my real life flying/maneuvers. Unfortunately, not many people fly VFR on VATSIM, and it kind of defeats part of the purpose of being on the network at all. Sometimes I will search "VFR" or "C172" into SimAware to find others flying VFR or doing practice pattern and will fly at the same airport, but it still isn't anything near a real-life airport servicing many VFR flights. 

Would anyone be interested in starting a VFR flight group (or point me towards similar groups)? I am in North America (Pacific), and so would be looking for other members who would be interested in weekend flights aligned with these time zones. We could do a combination of local flights and cross country flights or whatever!

Michael Garrett
Posted
Posted

Hey that sounds fun. Where in the Pacific are you based? I plan to do a lot of BC and Washington/Seattle area flying in my sim beginning December. 

Brandon Ngai
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, Michael Garrett said:

Hey that sounds fun. Where in the Pacific are you based? I plan to do a lot of BC and Washington/Seattle area flying in my sim beginning December. 

Nice! I am actually from the Seattle area. I fly out of KRNT irl, so I fly around the PNW in the sim quite a bit.

• Like 1

Michael Garrett
Posted
Posted

Very cool. I'm based in cyxx. I'll be looking to do lots of simming beginning next month when my panel arrives and I'm done work for the year. 

Michael Garrett
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Brandon Ngai said:

Nice! I am actually from the Seattle area. I fly out of KRNT irl, so I fly around the PNW in the sim quite a bit.

I want to begin using pilot edge one I've setup and worked the bugs out of my new sim. They have no coverage for Canada here so I'll be flying online with them in the Seattle area a fair amount. 

David Bromage
Posted
Posted

Shameless plug: VATPAC has VFR Ops in Australia every Friday and Sunday at 0930z. https://vatpac.org/calendar/