You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Taxi addon?

Hlynur Vilhjalmsson

Hlynur Vilhjalmsson
Posted
Posted

I´m checking airport charts but sometimes i don't see the taxiway signs at the taxiways and therefore miss my taxi route. Is there an addon or a tip you can tell me about so I can improve my taxiing quickly?

Michael Garrett
Posted
Posted

Count the taxiways on your chart between you and your destination. Keep your finger on the chart while you taxi.suuuuper simple Things like that. 

• Like 1

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Hlynur Vilhjalmsson said:

I´m checking airport charts but sometimes i don't see the taxiway signs at the taxiways and therefore miss my taxi route. Is there an addon or a tip you can tell me about so I can improve my taxiing quickly?

What simulator software are you using?

Independent from the SIM software, do as described by Michael - we sometimes count the taxiways in the real world as well.

If you want a third party software, I highly recommend LittleNavMap. It is freeware and is actively being developed and improved.

• Like 1

Tim Waldon
Posted
Posted

If you use X-Plane, Airport Navigator is a great plugin for airport taxiing. I use it for situational awareness at complex airports, in addition to pdf aerodrome charts. It's an airport moving-map that shows your position on the airport in relation to taxiways and runways.

James Frost
Posted
Posted

If you have Navigraph download their charts app. It has live maps included and you can see your position on your taxi chart

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 11/4/2022 at 1:03 AM, Hlynur Vilhjalmsson said:

Is there an addon or a tip you can tell me about so I can improve my taxiing quickly?

Are you still there? Have you read our replies?

Edited by Andreas Fuchs

Neil Enns
Posted
Posted

Navigraph Charts will show you real-time on the airport diagram chart where your plane is. Plus you also get updated charts as they are released. If you sim it is well worth the annual subscription cost.