You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Arrow Symbols on RNAV STAR

Thomas Laubscher

Thomas Laubscher
Posted
Posted

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to Vatsim and currently in the ATPL Training, so it helps me a lot to practice PBN procedures & voice etc. I'm excited to use it  🙂

Yesterday I did a Flight to Geneva LSGG and was on the BELUS3R RNAV Star. Before turning to the SPR VOR there are some small arrows (yellow): image.png.34d37534ea0794d648d358a562377fa2.png

What do they stand for? 

Thank you a lot and Kind Regards

Thomas

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hallo Thomas,

the arrows in this shape mean that you should continue straight ahead on heading until ATC tells you to turn. Basically, it is an "infinite" downwind.

PS: insert it into your FMS. If you insert ILS23 via BANKO 3R STAR (for example) you can then also select "via SPR" or not (maybe "via GG512"). If you select "via SPR", the FMS will give you the route from GG512 to SPR and then to final. If you do NOT choose "via SPR", it should continue straight ahead from GG512 on heading 044.

Edited by Andreas Fuchs
  • Like 2

Thomas Laubscher
Posted
Posted

Hi Andreas,

Thanks so much for your great explanation. 

This makes perfectl sense. Looking forward to make the next Rnav STAR with knowing what's going on 😎

Kind Regards

Thomas

• Like 2

Mike Sweeney
Posted
Posted (edited)

Adding to Andreas' perfect explanation, consider reference to text description on LSGG BELUS 3R arrival,
which indicates "continue straight ahead until ATC tells you to turn"  ...

1832096622_BELUS3R.jpg.9c9530e3ad3dd77cefeb781f5a8ddd37.jpg

Edited by Mike Sweeney
  • Thanks 1

Mike / 811317
rz0u.png