You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Welcome back Malta

Mattia Torti

Mattia Torti
Posted
Posted

Hello all,

It is my pleasure to announce the reviving of the Malta FIR (still within the Italy vACC) in VATEUD. Thanks to the passion of a group of members, Malta is looking to get back on the VATSIM maps and show what they're made of!

Starting from today, there is a trial period. At the end of it on the 23rd May 2023 (earliest) we will evaluate for Malta to be a separate entity (vACC) within VATEUD.

During these months, all members who wish to become part of the Maltese family will have to change to the Italy vACC through this link: https://members.vateud.net/
All members who wish to remain at their home facility, and would like to obtain a visiting controller status will have to contact the staff of the Malta FIR.

The Malta FIR will be led by Alex Metcalfe along with a team of enthusiasts.

You can find all the necessary info about the Malta FIR directly on the Italy vACC website at this link: https://www.vatita.net/

Please join me in welcoming the team and wish them good luck in growing and evolving!

• Like 6
MATTIA TORTI
Division Director
Network Senior Supervisor
## [email protected]
## [email protected]
VATEUD Logo

Trevor Hannant
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yay!

Although I'm a little confused - the FIR has never actually gone away, it's just been the "executive control" of the FIR was removed and rolled into VATITA some time ago?   What does this revival actually mean (as a visitor to VATITA specifically to control Malta)?

Edited by Trevor Hannant

Trevor Hannant

Trevor Hannant
Posted
Posted (edited)

<IGNORE - found answer>

Edited by Trevor Hannant
  • Haha 1

Trevor Hannant

Trevor Hannant
Posted
Posted (edited)

@Mattia Torti

Actually, can I check on this with you - and posting here may help others and reduce tickets/emails to the VATITA Staff...    On their website, they link to Anders Moen's "unofficial" site for procedure pages etc.   That site states:

"As of now, all members of VATSIM wishing to control in Maltese airspace, must be either a full member of, or a visiting controller at, vACC Italy (VATITA), as they are currently in charge of Malta."

So, does this mean those of us with existing VATITA visiting rights can control Malta - or do we need to ask to have these assigned separately now?

Edited by Trevor Hannant

Trevor Hannant

GIORGIO Tresoldi
Posted
Posted

Hi @Trevor Hannant,

In practice there is no change whatsoever from a controller's perspective. The good news is that we have motivated people actively taking care of Malta (organising events, providing training), that joined the VATITA staff. From now on they will also be the ones approving new visiting controllers requests and providing training in Malta.

Best,

Giorgio

• Like 1

Giorgio Tresoldi C3 I1 P1P2P4 ID:967456

ACCIT7 VATITA Membership coordinator

Trevor Hannant
Posted
Posted

Thanks @GIORGIO Tresoldi - will need to get back to controlling there, have been a bit "missing" of late through various things...

Trevor Hannant

• 4 weeks later...
Joseph Agius
Posted
Posted

Bring it on 😄

• Mattia Torti unpinned this topic