You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Exam did not populate to the exam center

Robert Gilbert

Robert Gilbert
Posted
Posted

Good afternoon, I have completed my training course and was then directed to the exam center to take the exam and it did not populate.  I've read the help desk questions and the last one said that this issue had been solved.  Not sure what to do next. Thanks Bob G

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted
Hello, Bob,

You joined VATSIM before the requirement for the New Member Orientation program went into effect. Anyone who joined before the requirement went into effect was "grandfathered", and does not require the course/exam.  Your account is active; you are welcome to connect whenever you like.

I do hope the course material was useful to you, and again, welcome back!

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted

This is an extremely common scenario: members who have been grandfathered wondering why they can't take the P0 test and feeling abandoned as a result. Surely it is not outwith the wit of VATSIM to simply tell those who are exempt, but who nevertheless attempt to access the test, that this is unnecessary when they make that attempt? I have already set that misunderstanding right countless times, and so have many others, including senior members of the VATSIM team. Surely it's better to fix it at the point of access, and not waste time recovering from negative fallout?

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Hi Alistair, that's a great idea.  I'll drop my Tech friends a note!

• Like 1

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

• 2 weeks later...
Peter Nauta
Posted
Posted

Hi all, I'm a grand father IRL but the same applies here. I will check tonight if I need P0, but I also assumed I do. I joined in 2001,and I would not mind to do the exam. I think it is appropriate after being inactive for so long. 

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted

Having joined in 2001 you already have P0, but you can still do the New Members Orientation Course, which is the course leading to P0, if you like :). You'll find the course in myVATSIM under Learning Centre.

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.