You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

I can talk but I can't hear ATC or other pilots

Alec Brown

Alec Brown
Posted
Posted

I am on Windows 11. I have tried running it as an administrator and allowing firewall. I even redownloaded it, but nothing. I can hear the buzz of messages being sent through, and ATC can hear me, but I can't hear them. When I open sound settings, every application has a blue bar displaying their sound levels, but vPilot is greyed out. any suggestions? 

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

I really don't know much about Win11 and the blue bars, but do you have / are you running Asus Sonic Studio?  On the surface (ATC can hear you but you can't hear them) it sounds like the Asus issue.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Alec Brown
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Don Desfosse said:

I really don't know much about Win11 and the blue bars, but do you have / are you running Asus Sonic Studio?  On the surface (ATC can hear you but you can't hear them) it sounds like the Asus issue.

I am not, is that just a download via the internet that I need to install?

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

We have pinned the Sonic Studio note to the top of the Support forums, and it's also included in the vPilot Tips, Tricks, FAQ and Troubleshooting Guide.  See those for more information (though really the short story is if you're having problems receiving and you have ASUS Sonic Studio, disable it!).

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

• 3 weeks later...
Nils van Lueck
Posted
Posted

I have the same issue with windows 11 and vPilot. Often I can hear atc and pilots first but it stops randomly midflight. I get angry atc text messages because of this. One workaround for me ist switching audio devices to other devices and then back again.