You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vatspy Program Not Opening

Dylan Loller

Dylan Loller
Posted
Posted (edited)

Within the last week Vatspy has stopped opening altogether for me. Any time I try and open the app, the loading screen gets to 'Tessellating Polygons' and then quits.  If I re-install the app it works once and then will not work again. Deleting the config file works but I then I have to do this before I launch every time. This also moves my app location on screen and changes any previous settings I had back to default. Is there any permanent fix for this issue? I've never had it happen before and I enjoy using the app. I saw a previous post from 2009 on the same issue so I'm hoping there is some kind of fix. Thanks!

StartupForm 12_19_2022 3_03_05 PM.png

Edited by Dylan Loller

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Are you sure you're running it as an Administrator?

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Dylan Loller
Posted
Posted

Yes I forgot to mention I have been running it as administrator. 

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Usually this is caused by a background service called "Nahimic Services". Check Task Manager to see if that's running.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Dylan Loller
Posted
Posted

I have nothing by that name running in task manager. 

• 2 weeks later...
Stefan Loos
Posted
Posted

It happens for me If I close vatspy after I resized it to bigger width (actually it will not restart if last width in config exceeds 1157 pixel). 

Try to resize it to smaller size before closing it and look if it restarts. Or delete the config out of %appdata%/vat-spy. If you start the default size is small enough to show up. Also restarts should work with this size, so you know how small it should be approx before closing. 

• Like 3

Dylan Loller
Posted
Posted

That did the trick. I shrunk the window down to its smallest size before closing and now it launches just fine. Thank you!

• Like 1

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
On 12/29/2022 at 5:53 AM, Stefan Loos said:

It happens for me If I close vatspy after I resized it to bigger width (actually it will not restart if last width in config exceeds 1157 pixel). 

Try to resize it to smaller size before closing it and look if it restarts. Or delete the config out of %appdata%/vat-spy. If you start the default size is small enough to show up. Also restarts should work with this size, so you know how small it should be approx before closing. 

What is your screen resolution and scaling % in Windows display settings?

Stefan Loos
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello Ross

Happy new year first of all!

I use 2 monitors win10. It does not make a difference on which monitor I place it. First one 2560x1080, 2nd  1920x1080. Both at 100%. Extended Desktop

Best regards

Stefan

Edited by Stefan Loos

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

What is your GPU?

Stefan Loos
Posted
Posted (edited)

Gtx 1060 6MB, using 527.37 driver

Edited by Stefan Loos

• 2 weeks later...
Luke Andrews
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 12/29/2022 at 9:53 PM, Stefan Loos said:

thanks, i just had that issue as well, this did the trick. I had to edit the config file and adjust LastWindowSize or Last WindowLocation - can't remember which one. Now working!

Edited by Luke Andrews

• 3 weeks later...
Nicholas Stickel
Posted
Posted
On 12/29/2022 at 5:53 AM, Stefan Loos said:

Tried deleting the config data and it worked perfectly! Thanks man, been struggling with that for a minute.