You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

How can I make sure that what I say is successfully transmitted to the controller?

Jiajun Gu

Jiajun Gu
Posted
Posted

I'm a newbie and just downloaded xPilot yesterday. After I successfully configured my microphone & PTT, turned on the X-Plane, and held down the PTT I set, the controller never responded to me, but he responded to the other pilots. I flew in an area with few planes. This confuses me.

How can I make sure that what I say is successfully transmitted to the controller?

Thanks in advance!

Torben Andersen
Posted
Posted

You can start by making a call to the controller requesting a radio check. If he doesn't respond, then try to make a text message to the controller. When he then responds to this, the two of you can agree to do the radiocheck to see if you are transmitting as you should. Be aware of range limitations - flying low or parked at the ground reduces your range, which might be why, atc didn't hear you the first time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Torben Andersen, VACC-SCA Controller (C1)

• 2 weeks later...
Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

A radio check can also be conducted on an unused frequency by setting your COM1 and COM2 to the same frequency, setting your plane's radio panel to monitor both radios, then transmitting.  If you hear yourself, your radio's working fine.

• Like 1

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png