You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Xpilot will not run

Willie Buning

Willie Buning
Posted
Posted

Hello I installed  on a fresh win 10 Xpilot, but i will not run, first it say,s  some dll missing, I download them  manual and registerd manual 

no succes, uninstall x pilot and with regedit remove all entry,s, new start new install,  when running  the message. : " there has been an error, error running C:\Program files (X86) xpilot.exe : child killed: unknow signal, the application will exit now.

when I try to install in C:\Progam files, the installer says, : not allowded to install in this folder.,  on Xplane 11 remove the plugin, no succses..

is there a list off dll available to remove the manual install dll, who where missing at  my first install?

installed this version on my laptop, no problem.

thanks for help

Willie

Xpilot.PNG

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted (edited)

Make sure you have the latest C++ redistributable package installed; here's the direct install link from Microsoft: https://aka.ms/vs/17/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

Or you can grab the link from the Microsoft website (make sure to choose the correct one for your computer's architecture, X64 is most common): https://learn.microsoft.com/en-US/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170

Edited by Justin Shannon

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Willie Buning
Posted
Posted

Thanks Justin,  no same problem,

I downloaded , installed restart, then uninstall with revo uninstaller X pilot, after that regedit csearched and cleand the register, reboot, then install X pilot, same problem

on my laptop it is running well

tried Vpilot  this is also not running , more I only cann kill the proces by ctrl alt del

met vriendelijke groet

Willie.

vpilot error.PNG

Tim Waldon
Posted
Posted

Hello Willie,

Have you tried temporarily disabling your antivirus/security suite? Disable your security application, reinstall xPilot, and then test again.

Willie Buning
Posted
Posted

hello Tim sorry for this delayed answer i Will try this

Willie Buning
Posted
Posted

no not working

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

I'm afraid I don't know why that's happening to you. Google results for this error seem to all suggest its related to a missing C++ runtime package, which you say is already installed.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Willie Buning
Posted
Posted

hmmmm this missing C++ runtime I installed, will try again

thanks