You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

MRLB (Liberia) ILS

Bob McDuff 858916

Bob McDuff 858916
Posted
Posted

The other day I was flying online with MHTG CTR. from MROC to MRLB, IFR. When approaching MRLB CTR said be ready for ILS R/W 07. HE gave me the ILS freq. ( I believe it was 111.3). Anyhow my problem was that neither FS9 or FSNav showed me any ILS for R/W 7. Then my computer crashed and could not ask the controller about the ILS. I did add Liberia International MRLB scenery, by Henry Carcamo, I also refreshed the FSNav data base before flying. Even with the scenery uninstalled I still get no ILS 7 showing up. Maybe someone could check on there FS9 if they have a ILS show up for R/W 07 MRLB,

Thank you, Bob

William Raymond
Posted
Posted

I do not see any ILS in the default scenery for MRLB. Only a VOR/DME approach 112.80

Cheers

Bill

VATSIM Supervisor (ret'd)

Bob McDuff 858916
Posted
Posted

Thank you Bill, I'm going to keep my eye on Servinfo for Central America Center to come online and see if theres somthing I'm missing.

Thanks again, Bob

Nicholas Bartolotta 912967
Posted
Posted

I remember flying into MRLB a few weeks back and being equally confused. If you check the VATCA website though, they have a charts page that includes downloadable charts for MRLB (http://www.vatca.com.gt/website/vatcav1/index2.htm). I found the chart I was looking for in that chart package, the ILS/DME 07. The ILS frequency is indeed 111.3.

Nick Bartolotta - ZSE Instructor, pilot at large

"Just fly it on down to within a inch of the runway and let it drop in from there."

- Capt. Don Lanham, ATA Airlines

Bob McDuff 858916
Posted
Posted

Thanks Nicholas, I did get the charts also, but the ILS/DME doesn't show up in FS9. I mean we can always do a visual landing, but why would Center send us to ILS R/W 7 if we don't have it. Unless there is some other scenery that we don't know about. Its really no big deal, but it just bugs me. I know you can put a ILS on a runway but not sure how. Well thanks again Nicholas. If I get to the bottom of this I will post..

Thanks, Bob

Nicholas Bartolotta 912967
Posted
Posted

Ah I see what you're saying now, it's not actually in FS! I thought you were meaning vice versa, that you saw it had ILS in sim. Maybe there is a fix for it on AVSIM?

Nick Bartolotta - ZSE Instructor, pilot at large

"Just fly it on down to within a inch of the runway and let it drop in from there."

- Capt. Don Lanham, ATA Airlines