You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Sector Files

Patrick O'Grady 997242

Patrick O'Grady 997242
Posted
Posted

I have no trouble with Sector files like LA ZLA12 or the UK ones of a single line but I have downloaded Sector Files for Melbourne and Brisbane which have about 18 files i.e. bn_tma, bn_arl etc and I don't seem to be able to get the Radar screen. Have I got the wrong files. Can anyone [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist please?.

Matt Chase 974571
Posted
Posted

Mate, you have the right files, they are meant to be broken up like that. Yes, the are meant to look different from the LA or UK ones. Read the title of the file. sytma = Sydney TMA. ml-bik = ML-BIK_CTR. We are such a big country a universal sector file would be too big, so they have been broken up.

Matt Chase

VATPAC C1 /O

Patrick O'Grady 997242
Posted
Posted
Mate, you have the right files, they are meant to be broken up like that. Yes, the are meant to look different from the LA or UK ones. Read the title of the file. sytma = Sydney TMA. ml-bik = ML-BIK_CTR. We are such a big country a universal sector file would be too big, so they have been broken up.

Thanks Matt that explains it. I am new to this game so forgive my ignorance. Cheers,

Patrick

Matt Chase 974571
Posted
Posted

No worries mate, look forward to seeing you Down Under.

Matt Chase

VATPAC C1 /O

• 3 weeks later...
Johnathon Neilsen 955672
Posted
Posted

Thanks Matt that explains it. I am new to this game so forgive my ignorance. Cheers,

Patrick

For one it is not a game, it is a Simulation.

955672.png

• 9 months later...
Aldi Godjali 1037273
Posted
Posted

hey guys, i am also new to all this but am very excited to get started... the thing is, i dont know where to get sector files from *sheds a tear*... plz help

thanks in advance

Richard Quigley
Posted
Posted

For Australia www.vatpac.org then from the menu on the left of the screen "Airspace" then "Secto Files" then "Australia" then select those you want. Don't forget to get the pof file "Australian POF Mar 06 " as well.

Quig, C3, P1, VATPAC, CZQM (inact), CZQX (ret).

4200+ hrs of "Chaos, Panic & Disorder in your virtual skies!"

0.png