You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

How accurate is the Events list?

Brian Smith

Brian Smith
Posted
Posted

I am wondering how current and accurate tje events mailing list is kept. I saw that there was an Anchorage ATC night this past Saturday and a few of us showed up to find no ATC... Anyone know if that was an innacuracy, an old event, or was it read incorrectly by us?

Thanks

5212673872_4ab659a0ab_m.jpg

Alberto Molteni 915217
Posted
Posted

Not sure if it's a typo, the Anchorage spotlight is Sunday, not Saturday. I attended once and ATC was present.

Alberto Molteni

Brian Smith
Posted
Posted

Sorry, I meant Sunday. This is a Government holiday today so I didn't work today and thought today was Sunday. Whoops.

I see Cleveland turned out to staff the screens tonight on schedule, so maybe it was a one time issue.....

Craig Moulton
Posted
Posted

Every Saturday is Honolulu's turn for the spotlight. Every Sunday is Anchorage's turn. Mon-Thur the spotlight rotates through the ARTCC's according to their Region. Whether or not the airports get manned is up to the ARTCC.

We've had a problem with folks showing up to participate in the regional nights (on both sides of the scope) and we are working to fix that. It is the current goal to make each night's Spotlight bustle with activity.

Tonight, for example, starting right about now, Cleveland hosts the Northeast regional night, and are going out of their way to staff up there Cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] D towers in the Detroit Tracon (if I remember correctly).

I am hoping to get each ARTCC commit to manning an area of their ARTCC for each spotlight, and when they decide on this info, I'll post it to the calendar, and it will look "unique" and won't have the standard "canned" message that you typically see.

There should be no surprises. Each ARTCC can expect their turn every 4-6 weeks (depending on the region they are in), and should be able to make a staffing plan for some part of their airspace. It might not always be the marquee airport (LAX, BOS, ATL, etc), which I think is a good thing.

Fly Safe! Have Fun!

Craig Moulton

810358.png

Brian Smith
Posted
Posted
I see Cleveland turned out to staff the screens tonight on schedule, so maybe it was a one time issue.....

Like I said...yup they turned out! Cleveland Rocks! Great job guys!