You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Flight Planning Problem

Joseph Walburn 990824

Joseph Walburn 990824
Posted
Posted

Do any of the smarter kids in cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] know if there is a way to plug in Victor and Jet routes in FS9 Flight Planner??? Naturally, many FAA preferred routes contain a combination of waypoints, jet routes, vor's, and Victor routes. Sure would like to get an answer to this. Ive got the PMDG 737NG on order and the FMS may solve this problem, but there are many other planes that do not have that wonderful gadget. Thanks, boys and girls.

Craig Moulton
Posted
Posted

Better yet, visit simroutes.com and you can find and import a preferred route (if one is available), as well as input your own route, and export it in FS9 format and you're all set.

Fly Safe! Have Fun!

Craig Moulton

810358.png

Dylan Kay 974936
Posted
Posted

i usually just plug in the waypoints of the jetways into the FS9 GPS(including the SIDS and STARS of airports), works fine for me

Dylan Kay

Oakland ARTCC S3

42501.gif

96.png

Garry Morris 920567
Posted
Posted

Also check out FSBuild or FSNav. Two good payware programs that will allow you to do this.

Darryl Roach 988606
Posted
Posted

I use the FS9 planner a lot, and actually it already has all the airways you need. The only thing is you cannot set the route to an airway, just to any intersections/VORs/NDBs on it. All you have to do is click and drag the red route indicator line to one of the objects on the airway and it will place your route directly on it. Just be warned though that a lot of the intersections on current SIDs/STARs are not on the FS9 planner because it is extremely outdated. I am looking for a way to add intersections/objects to it, but haven't figured that out yet. I bet there's a way though...

Darryl Roach

0[/url]

Tyler Smith 864159
Posted
Posted

As you guessed, the FMS will do this for you on the PMDG. Just put in the airway that you are using on the "Via" section of the route.

Also- I'd like to second Craig's suggestion of Simroutes. If the route that you want isn't there, you can use the route generator feature (including the intersections on DP's and STAR's if you like), and then download the flightplan in FS9 format. Then, you can load it up into the default GPS just like any other flightplan. It works like a charm. I use this very often when I'm flying an airliner without an FMS.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Tyler Smith

Johnathon Neilsen 955672
Posted
Posted

I just go DIRECT

955672.png

Joseph Walburn 990824
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the great spirit and advice. Shoulda' thought of that stuff on my own. DA Attack, I imagine...

Bob Woolley 999205
Posted
Posted

Craig Moulton 810358

Once you creat a route on simroutes,com and download it as FS9, where exactly to you load it into FS9???

Thanks in advance.

Dylan Kay 974936

How do you plug in waypoints etc. into the FS GPS or are you talking about simroutes?

Thanks

Bob

KVGT

Timothy Boger 942264
Posted
Posted
I just go DIRECT

I prefer the realistic way

Yeah. Another thing you can do is plug the FAA route into FSRoute. If you have any SIDs/STARs you have to plug each fix on the procedure into it.

Timothy Boger

ZMP ATM!

Timothy Boger 942264
Posted
Posted
I just go DIRECT

I prefer the realistic way

Yeah. Another thing you can do is plug the FAA route into FSRoute. If you have any SIDs/STARs you have to plug each fix on the procedure into it.

Timothy Boger

ZMP ATM!

J Jason Vodnansky 810003
Posted
Posted

What is unrealistic about flying direct??? I do it all the time in real life. If ATC wants me to do something else, then they can ask me. The shorter my flight, the bigger my profit!

Jason Vodnansky