You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATUSA1 resignation

Craig Merriman 834118

Craig Merriman 834118
Posted
Posted

Jeff Turner will be stepping down as VATUSA Division Director effective March 1. Jeff has served as Director for the past 13 months and has led a strong turnaround in the US Division. Jeff has done a tremendous job in managing the division and turning it into the well-oiled machine it is today. He has shown a tireless dedication to hobby and to VATUSA. I'd like to thank him for all the effort he has put forth to make VATUSA a better place.

Craig Merriman

VATSIM North America Region RCRP Member

Flagman - NEMA - NorthEastern Midget [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociation

The Winged Warriors!

Richard Green 810012
Posted
Posted

He will be missed and despite what some think of him, he has a great love for the membership.

Richard Green

VATSIM Supervisor

SB Testing & Support Team

VRC Testing & Support Team

Andrew Musselman
Posted
Posted

You definitely set forth sume good policies for VATUSA and found alot of great leaders. Thanks for the effort you put into this division and I wish you the best of luck wherever you end up next.

1000.png

David Kluempers
Posted
Posted

I have really enjoyed working with Jeff and wish him all the best. I am sure he will keep helping VATUSA wherever he decides to go.

David Kluempers - 884266

VATSIM USA Division

Brian Beach 915973
Posted
Posted

Though I did not know Jeff personally (I did talk with him sometimes, though), I understand how many people he has touched. I wish him well in his future endeavours. I just have one question... Will you still mention Detroit as a candidate for the 2008 convention?

Brian Beach

VatsimPHP Developer: http://www.bbflights.com/VatsimPHP/

AFA Detroit Hub Director: http://www.flyafa.com/

userbar603862kx9.gif

Dan Everette
Posted
Posted

Although Jeff Turner and I did not see eye-to-eye on quite a few issues, disagreed on even more, and we pi**ed in each others morning coffee on numerous occasions, I would like to publicly thank him for his work. He was at the helm of VATUSA for a number of new initiatives/programs to roll out the door. The Academy, FNO, Division Convention, and overhaul of the training program to name a few. The current success of these programs is the mark he will leave on the Division.

Good luck in your future endeavors.

-Dan Everette

CFI, CFII, MEI

Having the runway in sight just at TDZE + 100 is like Mom, Warm cookies and milk, and Christmas morning, all wrapped into one.

Karl Kleiber 812804
Posted
Posted

Jeff

You will be sorely missed, thank you for all you have done to make the USA shine.

Karl Kleiber

North American Deputy Director

atc1o.png

Chris McGee
Posted
Posted

Wow, what sad news...

Best of luck to you Jeff, and thanks for everything you've done within VATUSA!

David Klain 874106
Posted
Posted

Jeff has done an awful lot...not just for VATUSA or VATSIM, but for the flight simulation community as a whole. I consider him a good friend and look forward to seeing him enjoying all this hobby and community have to offer.

He leaves a legacy behind at VATUSA that will last long after members do not even know he once was VATUSA1.

all the best,

Dave

Jeff Jones 913898
Posted
Posted

Jeff,

I'm very sorry to hear that you are stepping down however I can understand why. I haven't spoken with you much but the times that I did you were very helpful and had great ideas. You leave some very large shoes to fill, buddy. Anyways, on behalf of the staff and all controllers at ZID, we wish you well and godspeed! Come on over and control with us some time.

Jeff Jones

ZID_TA

5586.png

Tom Seeley
Posted
Posted

I would much prefer seeing a man vacate a post at a high point in his tenure rather than, shall we say, having just being kicked in the teeth, and whether I personally agree with him all the time or not, there is no dispute that Jeff always had as his foremost concern, the good of VATUSA.

Good luck sir, you certainly deserve it, and we are less without you.

Jeff Turner
Posted
Posted

Thanks for all the kind words folks, I'm not the one that made VATUSA better, all of you are, for with out the support that I received from you none of it would have been possible.

Thanks from me goes out to RJ and Todd Cox for having the confidence in me 15 months ago when I took over and to all my staff members for their tireless dedication to this "hobby" that can easily p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] for a second and third full time job.

Looking forward to great things in the future from VATUSA,

JU

Jeff "JU" Turner

US Army Retired

http://www.skyblueradio.com

21.png

SBR_banner-468-x-60.jpg