You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

how to see and atc...

Karan Singh 998398

Karan Singh 998398
Posted
Posted

A few days back i met a controller who was on VRC and also on TOWER view on FS. He said to start a MP session from the FILE menu in VRC. But i still havent understood how to do it.

Could anyone please tell me how to do it?

REGARDS

Karan Singh

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Karan,

You need to have FS and VRC installed. Whilst this is all explained in the VRC docomeentation the basics are:

Start VRC.

Start FS. Move your aircraft to the same airport you intend to control. It doesn't matter which aircraft you choose - others will not see it.

Connect VRC to VATSIM.

Set a vis point (.vis VOR_NAME for example).

In VRC click the file pull down menu and select Start MP session.

Now in FS click Flights pull down menu and then Multiplayer.

If this is the same PC as VRC is running, enter the IP 127.0.0.1 and then click search.

You should now see a session called Squawkbox - connect to it.

That's it!

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted
Karan,

You need to have FS and VRC installed. Whilst this is all explained in the VRC docomeentation the basics are:

Start VRC.

Start FS. Move your aircraft to the same airport you intend to control. It doesn't matter which aircraft you choose - others will not see it.

Connect VRC to VATSIM.

Set a vis point (.vis VOR_NAME for example).

In VRC click the file pull down menu and select Start MP session.

Now in FS click Flights pull down menu and then Multiplayer.

If this is the same PC as VRC is running, enter the IP 127.0.0.1 and then click search.

You should now see a session called Squawkbox - connect to it.

That's it!

Norman, do you have to be logged in as a active controller, or can I log in as KRC_OBS and get twr view

If i dont have to be an active controller I cant see the session Squawkbox when I click search, I have created the multyplayer session in VRC and set the .VIS

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

VRC doesnt care what facility you use so yes, you could be an OBS.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

Hmmm righto how come i cant see the Squawkbox, session when i search for games in multilayer connect, using the above IP address

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Paul O'Donnell 969350
Posted
Posted
Hmmm righto how come i cant see the Squawkbox, session when i search for games in multilayer connect, using the above IP address

Are you using Squawkbox and VRC on the same computer?

You can also enter your IP address (of the computer using VRC) instead of the 127.0.0.1

If you don't know how to find your IP address, you can double click on the Internet notification icon (usually in the system tray), go to the "support" tab, then enter the numbers you find in the "IP Address" field.

Regards,

Paul O'Donnell

SINvACC - INS/CTR+

www.sinvacc.net

Francis Shepherd 980238
Posted
Posted

I have had trouble when port is 23456, the thing pops up and disappears again. set port 80. That should bring the ping high enough for the session to display and you to connect to it. The problem I think is the ping being Too low!

generate.php?mid=1235

paul westcott
Posted
Posted

hi,

whats this "ping" thing? because sometimes i dont see a session in my sessions box and sometimes i do! even tho im not touching my port settings

newironmic.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Carlos Palo 969743
Posted
Posted
I have had trouble when port is 23456, the thing pops up and disappears again. set port 80. That should bring the ping high enough for the session to display and you to connect to it. The problem I think is the ping being Too low!

Thanks for the tip, setting the port to 80 works great.

Carlos Palo

FSX on C2D E8400 [email protected], Asus P5Q Pro, OCZ 2*2048MB (1066Mhz), XFX HD4870 1GB, Antec 300, Scythe Mugen 2, Samsung 24" 1920*1200

my FSX Videos