You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Oceanic sector file

Chris Makris

Chris Makris
Posted
Posted

Sorry if this is not the proper forum to ask this,

I am trying to find the Oceanic Sector file for the VRC. I haven't found anything at the VATUK site. Can someone point out where I can find it?

Best Regards

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

It certainly used to be on their downloads. Not sure where it is now however I have sent a copy to you by email.

The tracks are outdated but this wont be an issue for you since I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume you will be using the new feature in VRC for these.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Chris Makris
Posted
Posted

Thanks Norman,

You [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume correct

Gregory McClarnon 946953
Posted
Posted

Sorry to be a pain but any change i could also have a copy

generate.php?mid=687

• 4 weeks later...
Francis Shepherd 980238
Posted
Posted

ditto, I'm interested in them. We in Northern never get any decent sector files. Can it be put on the VATUK website to solve the empty link in that section?

generate.php?mid=1235

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted
ditto, I'm interested in them. We in Northern never get any decent sector files. Can it be put on the VATUK website to solve the empty link in that section?

Doesn't that come down to the people in your region/devision that design your sector files.

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Adam Walker
Posted
Posted

I would also beg to differ. What would you cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] as 'decent'? The ones that are made for Manchester etc are far better than a lot of fields get

Adam Walker

Francis Shepherd 980238
Posted
Posted

They don't nearly compare to the ones that South East RTS get for instance. Back to the receipt of Oceanic Sector Files.

generate.php?mid=1235

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Francis,

Why would you currently need the Atlantic sector file? The Shanwick position is restricted to C1 and above.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

• Board of Governors
Simon Irvine
Posted
Posted

Some good news!!

Alex Stjepanovic has updated the Oceanic sector file and is now available for download from the Vatsim UK website which can be found at www.vatsim-uk.org.

You will find it in the downloads section.

As Norman said, EGGX is a C1 position for which you need to be validated by one of our Oceanic training team.

Thanks

Simon Irvine

VP Europe, Middle East and Africa Region

Mark Thornton
Posted
Posted
They don't nearly compare to the ones that South East RTS get for instance. Back to the receipt of Oceanic Sector Files.

Thats because they have Matthew Lewis who IS A MEMBER of that RTS. Would you take all that time to design a sector file for another RTS that you weren't going to use it yourself???

tfv1054.gif

Celestyn Chmielewski
Posted
Posted

Ah good! Thanks, Simon! I will download these on this Friday,

Best regards,

Celestyn Chmielewski

Proud to be member of British Airways Virtual!

CelestynChmielewskiSignature4.png

• 3 weeks later...
Alex Stjepanovic 963114
Posted
Posted

Just a clarification for anyone not sure of it,

The NOTA(North Oceanic Transition Area) and SOTA(Shannon/South Oceanic Transition Area) are drawn in as FIR boundaries just because of the fact that some people may not be too familiar with them yet. I still find some pilots and controllers double checking with me if this airspace is in Shanwick OCA or in Shannon FIR. Other than that, they are part of Shannon FIR(EISN).

Thanks!

Alex

Controllers have feelings too...