You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

TWR Trainer does not show up

Tobias Vollmann 923254

Tobias Vollmann 923254
Posted
Posted

Hi!

My problem is this:

I start VRC 1.1 and connect to the sweatbox server. Then I start TWR-Trainer, choose the .air and .apt file, the traffic appears in VRC - but not the TWR-Trainer window itself. TWR-Trainer is visible in the system bar on the desktops bottom as a running task, but that's all - no window on the desktop.

Any hints?

Greets,

Tobias

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Sounds like perhaps it is off screen ... do you know how to edit registry entries? I can tell you where to find the spot where TWRTrainer stores its window location coordinates.

Alternatively, you might try right clicking the icon in the taskbar, choose move, then use the arrow keys to move it into view, then press enter.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Tobias Vollmann 923254
Posted
Posted
Alternatively, you might try right clicking the icon in the taskbar, choose move, then use the arrow keys to move it into view, then press enter.

Hi Ross,

that's it! Thanks alot!

Never saw the option "move" before, although it was there ...

Thanks again,

Tobias

• 3 years later...
Daniel Blell 965561
Posted
Posted

Bump!

I am in windows7 and the same problem! the dont have the option to move it when i hover or click the window. Help!

Daniel Blell

ZFW Mentor

[email protected]

Edit - I've uninstalled and reinstalled tower trainer with no success.

errorybd.jpg

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

That screenshot looks like a mouse hover ... you need to right-click to get the move option.

Daniel Blell 965561
Posted
Posted

Right, i was showing that there is no tower trainer screen. the hover would show it if it was there. Right clicking only shows pin to taskbar and close.

Daniel Blell 965561
Posted
Posted
Right, i was showing that there is no tower trainer screen. the hover would show it if it was there. Right clicking only shows pin to taskbar and close.

Issue resolved!!! for windows 7, you have to open that little hover window, then right click for "Move"

Thanks for the help!

See ya in the sweatbox!

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Argh ... sorry I wasn't more precise about that. Yeah, gotta hover, then right click, if using Win7 with Aero.