You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Command line color problem

Jan Naslund

Jan Naslund
Posted
Posted

Hi,

Due to that my own computer has been slowly taken over by other members of the family and this has led to that i more or less had to give up on simming i decided to install VRC on my laptop.

I have a black background on the scope. Every thing works great except that the command line where i type my commands to pilots is white and the text is also white. In addition, the text-box to the left of the command line box where the aircraft callsign is shown is also white with white text.

This causes me to screw up a lot as i am not 100% sure who i am writing to and what i am writing =)

I can't find anywhere in VRC where i can change the color for these fields/boxes.

I am using VRC 1.1 and i am running it on an HP/Compaq nw8240 laptop with Windows 2000 5.00.2195 Service Pack 4.

Can anyone help me solve this problem?

Best Rgs / Jan

Owen Catherwood 903683
Posted
Posted

A white box means your laptop's graphics card does not support OpenGL (or at least that driver version). You can try other versions of the graphics driver, but unless you have an ATI or nVidia card it is doubtful that it will work 100%

KZSE C3/Facilities Administrator

1798.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Doesn't actually have anything to do with OpenGL. The scope uses OpenGL for drawing, but the command line is a regular Windows text box.

Jan, see item #5 in the known issues list:

http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?t=8964

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• 2 weeks later...
Jan Naslund
Posted
Posted

Ok,

Thanks Ross. Unfortenately i will have to live with it then as i am not allowed to do any upgrades on this laptop.

Cheers / Jan