You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

hearing atc/s

paul westcott

paul westcott
Posted
Posted

wot do i need to hear atc's? fsinn and/or sb3? if its sb3 which one? San Franciso, California, USA Download VATSIM

Houston, Texas, USA Download VATSIM

Houston, Texas, USA Download metacraft.com

Atlanta, Georgia, USA Download LiveATC.net

Dallas, Texas, USA Download Level 27 Technologies

Austin, Texas, USA Download VATUSA

Arlington, Virginia, USA Download CNVI.com

Helsinki, Finland Download VACC Finland

Dusseldorf, Germany Download Christoph Winkler

Dublin, Ireland Download Nick Whittome

newironmic.jpg

paul westcott
Posted
Posted

also how do i change which uk airport i view from in 3-d mode???

newironmic.jpg

Oliver Smith
Posted
Posted

Hello,

The first list are just download mirrors, choose the closest to you, as this will be fastest.

In 3D mode, type .vis ICAO to center on an airport, example .vis EGKK for London Gatwick, or .vis EGLL for heathrow.

If your intressted in controlling in the UK, I would suggest joining http://www.vatsim-uk.organd a good read through the http://www.vatsim.net/prc might help aswell!

Good luck!

siggy.png

paul westcott
Posted
Posted

thanks, i have been readin but its information overload, i figured if i could just ask then people will point me in the right way, ive been downloadin everythin but dont quite know wot to do.

newironmic.jpg

paul westcott
Posted
Posted

THANKS OLIVER, WOT DO U MEAN JUST MIRROR FILES?

newironmic.jpg

paul westcott
Posted
Posted

sorry about the caps!!

newironmic.jpg

paul westcott
Posted
Posted

im still not able to change which airport i view from,

newironmic.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
paul westcott
Posted
Posted

ahhhhhhhh ive got it now -- nobody says how much downloading has to be done! and so far im only looking from 4 towers!

newironmic.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Trent Hopkinson
Posted
Posted

Download mirrors mean there are duplicate files

ie the First file contains the letters "ABCD" and it is located on a computer in New York

the second file contains the letters "ABCD" and is located on a computer in Brussels

the Third file is an exact replica of the other two with no changes at all, but is located on a computer in Sydney

and so on. The files are all EXACTLY THE SAME, but they are located on a computer in a specific location. Usually it is quickest to download a file from a computer closer to your physical location.

The same goes for the Vatsim Servers. All of the servers contain the exact same information (where traffic is, what controllers are logged on) but spread throughout the world so you can pick the one closest to you so it can run quicker, instead of the information coming through thousands of miles of cables.

qfafin.png

Trent Hopkinson YMML. www.youtube.com/musicalaviator WorldFlight 2002,2008,2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2015

Trent Hopkinson
Posted
Posted
im still not able to change which airport i view from,

.vis1 EGSS - now viewing from Standstead. If you are doing the multiplayer-FS trick, you should now move your "Aircraft" (or tower view) to EGSS.

.vis1 EBBR - now viewing from Brussels. Same deal, FS move the aircraft to EBBR to view traffic there now.

3d mode only needs the .vis action.

qfafin.png

Trent Hopkinson YMML. www.youtube.com/musicalaviator WorldFlight 2002,2008,2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2015

paul westcott
Posted
Posted
.vis1 EGSS - now viewing from Standstead. If you are doing the multiplayer-FS trick, you should now move your "Aircraft" (or tower view) to EGSS.

.vis1 EBBR - now viewing from Brussels. Same deal, FS move the aircraft to EBBR to view traffic there now.

3d mode only needs the .vis action

thanks for your reply trent,,

right lets see, alls well so far i can get all that right, when i connect in fs9 and slew off the runway, do i right click and go to tower view? when i do that all i can do is zoom in to my a/c and zoom back out! i cant pan round to see the rest of the airport! i know i am missing something oh so simple but with me simple is what you get!

newironmic.jpg

paul westcott
Posted
Posted

well i missed that quote up eh?

thanks for your reply trent,,

right lets see, alls well so far i can get all that right, when i connect in fs9 and slew off the runway, do i right click and go to tower view? when i do that all i can do is zoom in to my a/c and zoom back out! i cant pan round to see the rest of the airport! i know i am missing something oh so simple but with me simple is what you get!

newironmic.jpg