You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

sector files/range rings

paul westcott

paul westcott
Posted
Posted

hello, no matter how many times i re-install my sector files i cant get them inside my range rings, should they be combined???

how do i combine fs2004 with vrc so i can see a proper airport and not just the "cardboard" planes??

newironmic.jpg

Johnathon Neilsen 955672
Posted
Posted

Firstly, VRC is a standalone program. It does not require FS to be running.

Secondly, make your range rings larger, that will fit them into your Screen.

955672.png

paul westcott
Posted
Posted

thanks for your reply but it doesn't really help -- no matter how big i arrange my rings my sector files are nowhere near my rings. if i scroll right out my sector files are in the bottom left of my screen and rings in the top right. thanks again for your advice.

newironmic.jpg

paul westcott
Posted
Posted

and i also got told that i would need to combine fs2004 with vrc so i can get better scenery in 3-d mode.

newironmic.jpg

Paul O'Donnell 969350
Posted
Posted
if i scroll right out my sector files are in the bottom left of my screen ....

Hi Paul,

you can centre your sector file to the centre of your screen by double left clicking where you want the centre spot to be, at least I think it's double left mouse button. I don't have VRC open at the minute.

But I do know that you can drag the sector file around using left mouse button.

As for connecting FS to VRC, I would recommend reading the VRC manual about "Tower View". You will need to modify one of the aircraft on your FS, but I downloaded a program called "ATC Tower Viewer", I think I got it from a website like avsim, I'm not entirely sure which one, but it should come up on a google search I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume. This saved me editing one of my aircraft on FS.

Goodluck and all the best.

Regards,

Paul O'Donnell

SINvACC - INS/CTR+

www.sinvacc.net

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I started to tell you about the multiple ways you can recenter your scope and your range rings, but then I realized that I've already written all this before ... it's called the docomeentation. You might be amazed at what you find:

http://www.metacraft.com/VRC/docs/

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

paul westcott
Posted
Posted

thanks for your reply ross, but i still cant get it right! if i try to re-center my sector files i lose everybody. if i control alt and double right click i can reset my visibility center but i still cant get them together??

i cant move my sector files either!

newironmic.jpg

paul westcott
Posted
Posted

thanks for all the replies!

newironmic.jpg

paul westcott
Posted
Posted

i am still not getting this, my range rings are approx 3000 miles away from my sector, using my ruler tool, surely this cant be right? even following all the instructions i cant get this right!!

newironmic.jpg

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

.rings VOR

.rings NDB

.rings WPT

Replace VOR/NDB/WPT with the VOR, NDB or Waypoint name you wish to use as the centre of your range rings.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

paul westcott
Posted
Posted

hi norman and thanks, that doesnt help any, im just getting ERROR navaid not found. every time i try to connect im getting disconnected right away.

newironmic.jpg

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Ask someone in the same region where you are controlling for help. They'll know the sector files you're using and can tell you what to do.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

paul westcott
Posted
Posted

cheers ross, my vrc is letting me connect now but still my range rings are 3000 miles away ill go to uk and try there thanks ross.

newironmic.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Magnus Meese
Posted
Posted

I cant find the Sector files, anyone have a link for finding them? I need sector files for Norway.. thnx

paul westcott
Posted
Posted

hi magnus, try this http:// http://www.vaccsca.org

newironmic.jpg