You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VRC "CHOPPY"problems..when controlling reported as

Marco Coglitore 998651

Marco Coglitore 998651
Posted
Posted

When i give a clearence sometimes I am not broken...then the pilot reads bak and i proceed to say readbak correct but i am reported broken up, or choppy....why does this happen...i have switched evrything from wave to direct and bak...same thing...sometimes im just always choppy and can never transmit anythin...i don't get it....I really need to fix this problem..can anyone PLEASE help....I do have a router.... One more thing...on ASRC it wokrs fine....but i dnt like asrc...its weird...

Note= i do have a router, and a Ps2 Logitech USB Headset....

PLEASE HELP.....

E-mail= [email protected] or repost...

Man Hang Wong 974212
Posted
Posted

did you scroll your scope when you are saying?

moving around consumes computing power and eventually VRC will not have enough computing power to capture your voice.

My experience. I tested it with VRC and Roger wilco

sig.png

Marco Coglitore 998651
Posted
Posted

wut is Roger WIlco ive heard of it but i dnt know what it is...can u give me a link on where to download it, if its another ATC program, or some info on it...thnx and yes i do scroll most of the time...my comp is 7 years old so mayb it dosent have enoujgh Cpu to run vrc correctly...thnx

Matt Chase 974571
Posted
Posted

Roger Wilco is a voice program ran by Gamespy. VATSIM used to use it, but uses its own voice code today. I believe is reported to have spyware imbedded into it. You don't need Roger Wilco for VATSIM, nor should you download (spyware reports).

Matt Chase

VATPAC C1 /O

Adrien Quenneville 948091
Posted
Posted

I had a similar problem, solved by not downloading anything from the net.

I can get perfect quality one sentence, and then the next one 1 out of 3 words comes out/break up every 2-3 seconds...

Marco Coglitore 998651
Posted
Posted

yea same thing sometimes i get out one clearence then i try to talk again and im all broken..its really weird....anybody else have other ideas.??? PLEASE???