You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

sms file??

paul westcott

paul westcott
Posted
Posted

good afternoon folks, can anyone tell me where to get an sms file to open my vrc model data or sound file? i believe i need this to open it even though my sounds have been put in i still cant open the model data! i keep getting re directed to reg-cure for this file yet still dont get it

much appreciated for any help given

thanks

paul

newironmic.jpg

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Paul,

I'm not quite following hwat it is you are trying to do here. Can you explain, in simple terms, what it is you are trying to achieve.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

paul westcott
Posted
Posted

hi norman, when in 3-d tower mode i can see the airport (obviously) but my planes are only triangles, how do i sort that so i can see proper planes and also a complete 3-d airport with the trimmings and all. i read a good forum last nite about the model sets but as there is so many topics etc i cant find my way back to the forum.

many thanks norman

paul.

newironmic.jpg

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Paul,

Just so I get this right, is this the 3d view mode within VRC (i.e. settings | radar mode | 3d) or is this by running FS2004 connected to VRC?

If it is the former then what you are seeing is the way it is meant to be.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

paul westcott
Posted
Posted
Just so I get this right, is this the 3d view mode within VRC (i.e. settings | radar mode | 3d) or is this by running FS2004 connected to VRC?

If it is the former then what you are seeing is the way it is meant to be.

this is just the 3-d mode in vrc,

right i seem to be getting it now, from what you have said what im getting with vrc alone is what i should be getting right thats fine, so how do i connect vrc with fs2004? so i can get a proper 3-d view?

thanks norman.

newironmic.jpg

paul westcott
Posted
Posted

as you can see i cant do quotes quite right either!!

newironmic.jpg

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

I'm sure I have typed this out elsewhere but here goes.

Make sure to have installed VRC with the modelsets available at http://www.metacraft.com/VRC/download.shtml

* Start VRC

* Start FS. Set up FS at the correct field you wish to observe/control. It doesnt matter what you choose as a model, others will not see this.

* Connect VRC to VATSIM. Remember to set a vis point at the airport!

* In VRC click File | Start MP Session.

* In FS click Flights | Multiplayer | Connect. If this is the same PC as VRC then enter an ip of 127.0.0.1 otherwise enter the IP of the machine running VRC.

* You will see a session called Squawkbox - this is because VRC uses portions of SB3 code for the multiplayer elements. Join it.

That should be you set to go.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

paul westcott
Posted
Posted

when i type in 127.0.0.1 then tick the join as observer box and click the join icon at the bottom of the screen nothing happens, if i go to my plane and start sb3 i join as a pilot.

newironmic.jpg

paul westcott
Posted
Posted

im now getting a sb3 start up failure,

newironmic.jpg

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

You dont actually need to tick the observer box but I guess it doesn't do any harm.

When you have entered 127.0.0.1 and clicked search what happens? Does it say it can't find any sessions?

You should not be starting SB3 - pretend it doesnt exist. If you have SB3 autostarting you should have this turned off.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

paul westcott
Posted
Posted

nothing is happening, how do i check if sb3 is on autostart?

newironmic.jpg

paul westcott
Posted
Posted

hi norman, still nothing is happening when i click on join multiplayer sessions in fs9, do i need to put another code in at the client port selecton on client settings?

newironmic.jpg

paul westcott
Posted
Posted

no it doesnt say it cant find any sessions, it doesn't say anythin at all. and im doing all you ask.

newironmic.jpg

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Paul,

One message at a time will suffice. I noticed you online around the UK as an OBS. If you get a chance to log on this evening look for me as EGAA_APP and we will try to work through this real time.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

paul westcott
Posted
Posted

sorry i haven't got online till now norman, ive been in a meeting half the night, i will be online all tomorrow. i really appreciate all the help you can give to me norman thanks.

newironmic.jpg