You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

AUSTRALIAN GROUP FLIGHT

Terrence Scanlan

Terrence Scanlan
Posted
Posted

15-20 pilots from Australia are following the route of the delivery of the first F27 to be delivered into Australia in the early 60's for East West Airlines. The flight started at EHAM and continued through Europe, Middle East, Asia then down on into Australia.

East West Airlines are replicating this journey to celebrate their 10th anniversary and will fly a leg every Friday until completed.

This Friday (APRIL 6th), the flight will leave ATHENS (LGAV) for BEIRUT(OLBA) and the flights will get underway at time 0930Z and will take approximately 3hrs, arriving at OLBA around 1230Z.

We appreciate that there is quite a time difference but any ATC participation would be very much appreciated

Ebrahim Kooheji 984076
Posted
Posted

Hey,

Firstly, good luck on your group flight, u really appreciate your cermoney...

welll im just happy cause your groupflight occours the time im online, to the point... you got me as an olba twr atc...

i will talk to my friends in vatleb well tell them about your activity and well get the most atc coverage i could...

great flight

cheers

Ebrahim Kooheji

MEA002

http://www.meavirtual.com

http://www.vatleb.org

vatme-sig-3.jpg

Alexandre Geahel 932157
Posted
Posted

Hello. It is really nice to have you guys coming! Anyways; as Ebrahim said; you may get charts and information here: www.vatleb.org ; I will even ask on the MEAVirtual Forum if some Lebanese pilots want to join you on this "morning flight" as it'll be at 12:30 LOCAL time for Lebanese and that's a great time to fly. Unfortunetly what I'll do is I have cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] at 8:15AM, and your flight arrival is at 05:30AM for me as I live in Montreal, Canada so I will take Beirut Control.

Other Vatleb ATC will post if they can be present.

andrew sattler 825849
Posted
Posted

It would be great to have some ATC,much appreciated

I have been to the Vatleb page to download the full set of charts for OLBA,however,when i click on "click here to get the charts" the link is broken

Regards Andrew.

825849.png

David Humble 866503
Posted
Posted

As one of the Australian fleet who've just arrived at Beirut, can I say thanks to the controllers who came on line to cope with the m[Mod - Happy Thoughts] arrival; Excellent work by all involved ,

thanks again

David

Terrence Scanlan
Posted
Posted

Yes, we really appreciated the ATC out of LGAV with the Athens controller and then being given excellent service into OLBA by a CTR and TWR controller.

We will be departing OLBA for OKBK next Friday at 0930Z and hopefully local ATC will be available for the departure.

Thanks again guys,

Terry Scanlan

Terrence Scanlan
Posted
Posted

I will be asking the Australian Group Flight pilots to use the vroute booking system. This should give you an idea on the day as to how many will be located at OLBA for the departure to OKBK on Friday April 13th at 0930Z

Terry Scanlan

Terrence Scanlan
Posted
Posted

We would like to acknowledge the services of Mohammed Elkarout who opened OLBA Grond for the Group Flight which got underway at around 0930Z.

Thank you Mohammed for an excellent service.

Regards

Terry Scanlan

Ebrahim Kooheji 984076
Posted
Posted

I apologize for not being online on the group flight for your departure from OLBA, because i got the Friday Prayer, but anyways Mohammed thankfully came online for you guys.. and im proud of him...

Ebrahim Kooheji

www.vatleb.com

www.meavirtual.com

vatme-sig-3.jpg

Mouin El Khechen 923677
Posted
Posted

My appologies to the members of the group Flight since I was unable to provide you guys with ATC as CTR because it was my first day after teh Easter vacation for university on which eams and projects were due, so i could not skip cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]es.

However, as director of the Leb vACC, I want to thank Mohammed for his participation and courage, for he was certified few days to control Beirut Ground; mainly a new controller handling all that traffic by himself, while usualy we put someone to back new ATCs in such group-flights/events, he was simply by himself i guess =) great job.

Again I appologise for not being able to make it, however we look forward to see you again in our small airspace!

best regards

Terrence Scanlan
Posted
Posted

This Friday, April 20th, the 10-15 member group will depart KUWAIT(OKBK) for BAHRAIN(OBBI) at 0930Z approximately, a relatively short flight this week but nonetheless enjoyable.

We look forward to any ATC that are able to provide a service for this week's flight.

• 2 weeks later...
Terrence Scanlan
Posted
Posted

This Friday May 4th will see us leave the Africa Middle East Region as we p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] into the large region of ASIA.

Our EWA Group Flight departs OMSJ ( Sharjah) for OPKC ( Karachi ) departing at 0930Z for the 638nm flight arriving some 3hrs later at approximately 1230Z

Any ATC that turns out for the group would be much appreciated.

Terry Scanlan

• 3 years later...
Jesus Maldonado 1190441
Posted
Posted
15-20 pilots from Australia are following the route of the delivery of the first F27 to be delivered into Australia in the early 60's for East West Airlines. The flight started at EHAM and continued through Europe, Middle East, Asia then down on into Australia.

East West Airlines are replicating this journey to celebrate their 10th anniversary and will fly a leg every Friday until completed.

This Friday (APRIL 6th), the flight will leave ATHENS (LGAV) for BEIRUT(OLBA) and the flights will get underway at time 0930Z and will take approximately 3hrs, arriving at OLBA around 1230Z.

We appreciate that there is quite a time difference but any ATC participation would be very much appreciated