You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vroute fails to install

Eric Fisher

Eric Fisher
Posted
Posted

I have IE. I also have .net 2.0 installed. when I click ont he setup.exe file, all I get is a xml file. What is it I am doing wrong? I tried installing directly via the vroute site due to having IE and it goes straight to the xml file as well. I also tired redownloading the exe zip file again and still the same. Any ideas? I emailed the author and still awaiting a reply from him.

Eric

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

I am the author. Believe me, I had 50 emails in my inbox this morning - all regarding vroute. So apologies for not responding in a timely manner.

Unfortunately, the problem you are describing is something I didn't manage to solve yet. I'm using a standard software installation technology from Microsoft called ClickOnce. Maybe you have some time to google around for a similar problem description and then you could share your findings with the rest of us?

regards,

Michal Rok

vroute.net founder

Man Hang Wong 974212
Posted
Posted
I am the author. Believe me, I had 50 emails in my inbox this morning - all regarding vroute. So apologies for not responding in a timely manner.

Unfortunately, the problem you are describing is something I didn't manage to solve yet. I'm using a standard software installation technology from Microsoft called ClickOnce. Maybe you have some time to google around for a similar problem description and then you could share your findings with the rest of us?

regards,

Michal Rok

i can't install as well, IE just open the http://vroute.net/download/vroute.info.application as a XML file

as a programmer i suggest you try the NSIS (installation system).

sig.png