You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Booking a position

John Holt 811222

John Holt 811222
Posted
Posted

Greetings,

I am unable to book for Kansas city center (KC_CTR) or we also use (KC_41_CTR). Also KC_APP. program will not accept the callsigns.

So far great program and great job

Thanks!

John Holt

จอห์นโฮลท์

Thailand vACC Director

John Holt 811222
Posted
Posted
Are you trying KZID_CTR?
found one answer but still no KC_APP...

KZKC_CTR worked!!!

John Holt

จอห์นโฮลท์

Thailand vACC Director

Robert Ogden 985378
Posted
Posted

Yeah there is another post about this. Michal said its going to change eventually to were you can do KC_CTR. It seems the rest of the world uses the full ICAO code, so thats why it was like that on release.

216.png

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Correct. What is the ICAO code for the airport you call Kansas City (i.e. in KC_APP)? I understand KC_CTR is KZKC_CTR, but how do I decode KC_APP?

Michal

vroute.net founder

Matt Chase 974571
Posted
Posted

KMCI is the ICAO for Kansas City from Memory.

Matt Chase

VATPAC C1 /O

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

I see. I didn't forsee that KC could mean sometimes KZKC and sometimes KMCI . OK, more time needed to fix this confusion...

Michal

vroute.net founder

John Holt 811222
Posted
Posted

I was able to get vroute to except MCI_APP but we do not use that as our callsign we actually log on as KC_APP. I guess it does not matter as long as it reconizes Kansas City Approach...

John Holt

จอห์นโฮลท์

Thailand vACC Director

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

If I look at the map (AIRAC 0608), KTPA is apparently on the KZJX side of the border. Is this some sort of an exception?

Michal

vroute.net founder

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

You should be able to add KC_CTR, KC_APP and similar position to the booking list and to book these ATC positions in vroute. Please let me know if you encounter any problems.

regards

Michal Rok

vroute.net founder

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted
According to our current Letters of Agreement with KZJX, TPA is ours and MCO is theirs. Here's the link:

http://zmaartcc.org/[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ets/files/LOA_ZMA_ZJX.pdf

Edit: Also, here's the Operating Procedures stating our Center information: http://www.zmaartcc.org/[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ets/files/CTR.pdf

While i fully respect your right to make such statements in LOAs, please keep in mind that not everything is so easy to implement. In this case, KTPA falls in KZJX airspace and I could only move it to KZMA by manually editing the FIR boundaries so that KTPA would fall in a different FIR.

Michal

vroute.net founder