You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Fixes and Airways

Octavio Germosen

Octavio Germosen
Posted
Posted

I was trying to create this FP from MDSD (Las Americas Intl) to KFJK (John F. Kennedy Intl):

CDO G446 KOBET G446 BESAS G446 GTK A554 TOOMS A554 CHAMP A300 OWENZ CAMRN

And i get this error message...

ERROR: Unknown airway/waypoint A554

Also i get this error when i remove the A554 and try to create the FP introducing just the fixes:

ERROR: Unknown airway/waypoint CHAMP

Can I add this airway/waypoint? How can I do it?

Octavio Germosen

ATM Santo Domingo FIR

VATSIM Caribbean Division (VATCAR)

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

I suppose this waypoint does not exist in AIRAC cycle 0608?

Michal

vroute.net founder

Octavio Germosen
Posted
Posted

I see. And why vRoute is not refreshed with the lastest AIRAC???

Octavio Germosen

ATM Santo Domingo FIR

Robbie Close 936559
Posted
Posted

Michal belives as 0608 is the last freeware cycle that it is the VATSIM standard.... personally I disagree and we are tyring to be as realistic as possible.... but its his choice, his program!

Robbie Close

Member of RAAFvirtual and RANvirtual

Octavio Germosen
Posted
Posted
Michal belives as 0608 is the last freeware cycle that it is the VATSIM standard.... personally I disagree and we are tyring to be as realistic as possible.... but its his choice, his program!

Honestly, Michael must be with you and your idea to do this as realistic as possible.... That can make this software terrific.... Cheers...

Octavio Germosen

ATM Santo Domingo FIR

Man Hang Wong 974212
Posted
Posted

it would be good if SID transitions (e.g. V2, V3, V4 and V5 transitions of OCEAN2A of VHHH) can also be added to the routes

also, it would be good if you can create another function which let users add waypoints?

sig.png

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

AIRAC 0608 is freeware. VATSIM is freeware. vroute is freeware. I cannot have two databases in paralell in the current version, so when facing the choice between supporting freeware users and users of a commercial add-on I pick the freeware option. If I picked the commercial option, freeware users would see more and more problems with executing these flight plans.

One day this approach might change, perhaps if I spend some time to develop the dual database capacity. For the next month or two I'm not expecting a move to support newer cycles.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Robbie Close 936559
Posted
Posted

Personally this is the one bad thing about the program i see, I'm not sure how somthing a year old can be a standard. As I said it's your choice and I applaud you if you do set up dual databases in the future.

Robbie Close

Member of RAAFvirtual and RANvirtual

Man Hang Wong 974212
Posted
Posted

also the program is not accepting SID/STAR procedures

the inclusion of the procedures will make pilots life easier a lot

i think you may simply ignore the first and the last input

i also suggest you accept flight level markers like /N0570F390

sig.png

Brian Beach 915973
Posted
Posted

The problem is not vroute, Vatsim, or even Mr. Rok. The problem is that the FAA started charging for updated AIRAC information.

I have run into this problem too many times. Many once-great programs and websites are now completely outdated (FSRoute, for example).

If only they would have not made the move, as it has completely destroyed many things about the virtual aviation community. Maybe they could charge for the current one, but offer a one-month old version for free?

Brian Beach

VatsimPHP Developer: http://www.bbflights.com/VatsimPHP/

AFA Detroit Hub Director: http://www.flyafa.com/

userbar603862kx9.gif

Mark Richards
Posted
Posted
I suppose this waypoint does not exist in AIRAC cycle 0608?

Michal

Is there a resource around to let users know what the Flight Level Ranges are in effect for AIRAC 0608?

I've just tried adding the following route to vroute and got errors:

NZAA - RJAA

DUGAN A597 MINET A597 LEKAX A597 KAKOP A597 JUNIE A337 TEGOD A337 ADKAK OTR20 PETAL LIBRA

This was the real ANZ99 route used on Wed 04APR07. It was filed at FL320.

Got the following back:

PROF: A597 not available between LEKAX and VIRAR at FL245..400

PROF: A597 not available between VIRAR and LTO at FL245..400 PROF: A597 not available between LTO and GOPRA at FL245..400 PROF: A597 not available between GOPRA and ENOUS at FL245..400

Mark

Mark Richards (811451)

Auckland, New Zealand

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

No, there is no such resource. I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume AIRAC cycle data to be kind of "rules of the game" - in this case, the game to develop a good flight plan. Sometimes you find the game difficult, but it doesn't mean you can demand that the rules are changed . Actually, vroute is much easier on people than old EUroute used to be - with Eurocontrol CFMU verification, it was 10 times more difficult to submit a plan that would be acceptable.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Man Hang Wong 974212
Posted
Posted
No, there is no such resource. I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume AIRAC cycle data to be kind of "rules of the game" - in this case, the game to develop a good flight plan. Sometimes you find the game difficult, but it doesn't mean you can demand that the rules are changed . Actually, vroute is much easier on people than old EUroute used to be - with Eurocontrol CFMU verification, it was 10 times more difficult to submit a plan that would be acceptable.

Michal

i think there is much room to make the submission easier...

sig.png

Phillip Speer
Posted
Posted
Michal

Is there a resource around to let users know what the Flight Level Ranges are in effect for AIRAC 0608?

I've just tried adding the following route to vroute and got errors:

NZAA - RJAA

DUGAN A597 MINET A597 LEKAX A597 KAKOP A597 JUNIE A337 TEGOD A337 ADKAK OTR20 PETAL LIBRA

This was the real ANZ99 route used on Wed 04APR07. It was filed at FL320.

Got the following back:

PROF: A597 not available between LEKAX and VIRAR at FL245..400

PROF: A597 not available between VIRAR and LTO at FL245..400 PROF: A597 not available between LTO and GOPRA at FL245..400 PROF: A597 not available between GOPRA and ENOUS at FL245..400

Mark

The answer is given in the error message. As the airways aren't available between FL245 and 600 I presume that they are low altitude airways (in 0608 anyway) so just put the upper limit at FL245 and it should work.

Phillip

VATSIM UK Divisional Instructor

Steve Park 822521
Posted
Posted
The problem is not vroute, Vatsim, or even Mr. Rok. The problem is that the FAA started charging for updated AIRAC information.

I have run into this problem too many times. Many once-great programs and websites are now completely outdated (FSRoute, for example).

If only they would have not made the move, as it has completely destroyed many things about the virtual aviation community. Maybe they could charge for the current one, but offer a one-month old version for free?

Careful there Brian...the FAA (actually it was the DOD, not the FAA) did not start charging for the AIRAC data...they were told by several European countries to "STOP" distributing for free their copyrighted proceedure's, so they had no choice but to comply...you will notice that all the USA info is still available for FREE. It is commerical outfit's like Jeppesen that "Charge" for updated AIRAC data and alway's have. Our problem is: The only person that writes a conversion program for almost all of the addon's we use with Flight Sim has to Pay for the world wide AIRAC from a European source now, so we pay him, or not, our choice.

Steve Park

3.png

Steven Bryce
Posted
Posted

Well there are more fixes in the earlier AIRAC cycles than in the new ones

Cheers Steve

Emirates VACC S3

994379.png

994379.jpg