You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Default Location

James O Grady 904153

James O Grady 904153
Posted
Posted

Upon the release of vroute my default location was Poland, I read the FAQ and went to http://www.hostip.info, and found that the location of my ip was unknown, so I made a correction so that it traces my ip to Dublin, Ireland, and I go to the website now and it shows my ip originating from Dublin, Ireland. When vroute was updated, did this update include an updated list downloaded from the hostip.info website? Or will this come at a later stage? If it was included in the update, why is it that when I go to the Online page, it continues to show Poland as my default location?

Regards,

Séamus

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Hi,

Last update took place on April 6th in the morning. However, I do not know what exactly is the internal delay in hostip.info, that is how much time it takes from information being posted on website and being saved in a file that I later download. Next one is planned tomorrow morning, and from now on they should happen every 3 days.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Daniel Doorgakant
Posted
Posted

Howdy, i use AOL, my IP is American but im from London and i would like the UK as my start location. Any way you could think of this?

vatme-sig.jpg

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Next version of vroute - yes. Currently there is only the IP auto-detection procedure, which was meant to be a simple way for 90% of users but obviously insufficient for the remaining 10%.

Michal

vroute.net founder

James O Grady 904153
Posted
Posted

Hi Michal, despite the updates, my default location is still Poland instead of Ireland, even though www.hostip.info detects my ip as originating from ireland, any ideas?

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Email me your IP address, please.

Michal

vroute.net founder

James O Grady 904153
Posted
Posted
Email me your IP address, please.

Michal

I've sent an e-mail over now.

James O Grady 904153
Posted
Posted

Did you get my e-mail Michal?

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Yes.

Michal

vroute.net founder

• 2 weeks later...
Richard Walsh
Posted
Posted

Mine is still showing my default as Poland. I corrected my IP as noted. No change yet.

James O Grady 904153
Posted
Posted
Mine is still showing my default as Poland. I corrected my IP as noted. No change yet.

Wherever you want it to load up as default, add that country to your favourites list as your no.1 favourite, then it will automatically load up at that country everytime it starts up.