You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATUSA ATC Academy Changes

Kyle Ramsey 810181

Kyle Ramsey 810181
Posted
Posted (edited)

Effective immediately the Academy will no longer be graduating students with a Senior Student (S3) rating. This will allow VATUSA to comply with promotions from the Student 1 (S1) to the Student 3 (S3) levels. The website will be updated in the near future to reflect this change in policy.

This is the first of a number of changes that we hope will improve the Academy and its training program. VATUSA appreciates your taking the time to train at the Academy.

David Kluempers

Training Director - VATUSA3

VATSIM USA Division - 884266

[email protected]

Edited by Guest

Kyle Ramsey

David Kluempers
Posted
Posted

My apology for the miswording of Senior Controller it was meant to be Senior Student and for the double post. Not sure how the double happened. Must have not been my night.

David Kluempers - 884266

VATSIM USA Division

Kyle Ramsey 810181
Posted
Posted

Nor mine. Sorry Dave, I'll fix it.

Kyle Ramsey

Mark Steele 953544
Posted
Posted

My apologies for being confused

As a new student in the Acadamy, does this mean I *will* or *will not* receive an S3 rating once I graduate?

Regards

87.png

61.png

cax_sig.gif

Robert Ogden 985378
Posted
Posted

It means that when you graduate you will remain an S1. However, you will have already received most of the training for Tower so it shouldn't take very long at all to receive your S3 once you're at an ARTCC.

In the past, you would receive your S3 rating but when you got to the ARTCC you'd still have some training to do on TWR before you could actually be checked out on it (for most ARTCCs). This way makes more sense in addition to complying to VATSIM policy.

216.png

Mark Steele 953544
Posted
Posted

Thank you very much for the clarification.

87.png

61.png

cax_sig.gif

David Kluempers
Posted
Posted

All Academy students will now graduate with as an Students (S1), ecept for a very small batch that were already [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned their Final Exams. I also want to make sure to mention that the students who graudated with S3 ratings will not be demoted since I actually got a question about that.

David Kluempers - 884266

VATSIM USA Division